Sponsored

Sorry - I have to ask... (1L water bottles storage)

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I preordered my maverick and am excited - but what is with every video I see on YouTube and demo touting the fact you can store a 1 liter water bottle in all the doors? I mean, I am from AZ and I never perceived this as a problem with my Edge :). Perhaps focus on the styling and versatility - Thoughts? :D
Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I preordered my maverick and am excited - but what is with every video I see on YouTube and demo touting the fact you can store a 1 liter water bottle in all the doors? I mean, I am from AZ and I never perceived this as a problem with my Edge :). Perhaps focus on the styling and versatility - Thoughts? :D
Can’t stand the constant 1-liter water bottle reference. That and the bottle opener tie downs on the tailgate. But I’m sure some ppl are excited about all of that. I just never see anyone use 1-liter bottles within my circle. Maybe I’ll have to buy one to keep in the door for an emergency pee if stuck in traffic.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm from AZ too and I never considered it a must to carry water bottles. Maybe it was because I never a spot for a 1 liter bottle! Maybe I will now that I have so many places to keep one! :)

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely agree on the overkill...but I have a few of them so I do appreciate the capability!

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a guy who constantly has a 1L water bottle rolling around in his car, I'm actually really excited about this.

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
It's their marketing copy, and most "journalism" of this type is just copying verbatim what the marketing guy said. Most people aren't consuming every piece of media produced about the Maverick, so probably don't notice as much. It'll be nice for some real reviews to come out, not just marketing copy masked as a preview.

Fakegrownup

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a thoughtfull design element, but it's funny that every review mentions it several times.

I know my water bottles don't have a good spot to sit and sometimes roll around annoyingly (and dangerously if I have to stop short), so it's something I will use, but a small thing.

Of course it's the small things that highlight the time and effort spent on design and the user friendly experience in the cabin.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
I figure they harp on it so much because they need more feedstock for their underbody shields/splash guards. From 2019:
  • Today, the company continues to put recycled plastic bottles to good use, using them for underbody shields in all cars, trucks and SUVs – up to 250 bottles per vehicle
  • Recycled bottles are used to manufacture parts that can help improve vehicle aerodynamics and reduce cabin noise
From Recycling Bin to Underbody Skin; Ford Recycles 1.2 Billion Plastic Bottles Every Year for Vehicle Parts | Ford Media Center

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really need a cubby for my Gatorade/Powereade bottles which are too wide to fit in console or door cup holders. Don't think I've ever seen a 1L bottle and didn't even know there was a great need to tote those around? Most people seem to have their own water bottles, fast food soda cups, Starbucks coffee cups, etc. for drinking in the car and those already fit in typical size spots in the console or door.

theEngineer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm most curious to know if my fat Nalgene or Yeti water bottle will fit in the door. What is the max diameter/height of the water bottle pocket?

Sponsored

Dbergie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan, Kia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can’t stand the constant 1-liter water bottle reference. That and the bottle opener tie downs on the tailgate. But I’m sure some ppl are excited about all of that. I just never see anyone use 1-liter bottles within my circle. Maybe I’ll have to buy one to keep in the door for an emergency pee if stuck in traffic.
You may not have seen the video that not only mentions the bottle openers but it also mentions that you can use the storage under the rear seats to hold ice cold drinks when tailgating 🍻😃

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
always smart to have one of these handy…there should be a few small ones that fit well.
B4BA9BDE-A0B5-43BC-8FEE-EA427351FC68.jpeg
I thought those were supposed to mount on your A pillar near your aftermarket gauge cluster for boost pressure?

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I already have Bourbon in mine, just saying…

Ford Maverick Sorry - I have to ask... (1L water bottles storage) 1FE0A15F-6B37-482B-88C8-8759BD64912E
Sponsored