Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably wasn't snow, but water. A catch can gets amounts of water in it which is bad in cold climate states during winter. Any water in the catch can will freeze to ice and can cause blockage to the PCV valve.
Sponsored

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just watched this quick video on the 2.0 Eco Boost Engine. Thought those of you with the EB may be interested. I understand that the video is on the older version of the 2.0, but it gives you great in site to how it works and what is involved in the workings of the engine. enjoy the video.

Yeah, just no. This guy seems to have personal issues with the EB engines that don't relate to every other person's experience. My own 1st-gen 2.0 is now 11 years old, and aside from a failed high pressure fuel sensor, has been rock solid. It doesn't use oil like this guy says they all supposedly do, does not have any noticeable carbon buildup, and doesn't have head gasket or turbo issues. The one that he took apart looked perfectly fine, but was probably using really bad fuel and wrong oil to get carboned up like that. Take this video teardown and throw it in the trash.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Another thing people need to consider; trans fluid changes. The 8f35 doesn't have a serviceable filter unless you want to crack open the trans case, that's the only way to access it. Why Ford did it this way I'm not sure but it is what it is. Consider changing your trans fluid every 30k miles especially if you regularly tow or have upgraded your engine for more power. Ford claims the trans fluid is good for 150k under normal conditions which to me is laughable.
Speaking from old experience, once a transmission needs to filter debris, it needs to be rebuilt. The only exception to that rule were the 7x7 Torqueflites. They would shed material, clog their filters, and start to slip like crazy. Many times removing the filter and poking a hole in the media would allow flow to be restored and thus pressure, and they would work after putting back together and filled with ATF.
Many times I have taken apart a filter and found nothing in the filter media when doing a drain and fill. It may have been easier and just as effective to have sucked the fluid out the dipstick and just poured in as much as I removed. A lot less mess, no need for a pan gasket nor filter...
Newer designs realized that and just installed non-serviceable screens that catch the big chunks.

I figure a 30,000 mile drop and fill should be adequate for normal conditions. I think that would be a bit more than a 50% change, though have not looked at the fill capacity.
Sponsored