Single Cab Longbed

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Been MIA for a while. Ordered a Mav recently but for my biz hoping for the SC/LB's. Did I miss any news or is this still falling on deaf ears at Ford
i had a 2020 rcsb f150 with the 2.7 and it was awesome. as for the maverick i much prefer it the way it is
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
It's asinine. The only reason it's there was to curb grey market imports back in whenever so that dealers wouldn't have as much competition.

If I really wanted to, I could ship my Mav back to Aus the day it lands in Canada. And assuming I could have it converted to RHD, I'd be able to plate it. It'd be stupid, expensive as hell, and probably borderline uninsurable, but it'd be legal. I'd also probably get blacklisted by Ford Canada for exporting, so that'd be fun too.
That was the reason back in the 70s. Not to undercut dealers and fight the import boom.
But now, very small number of people would. And now their excuse is for public safety and emissions regulations.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was the reason back in the 70s. Not to undercut dealers and fight the import boom.
But now, very small number of people would. And now their excuse is for public safety and emissions regulations.
Which is still pretty lame. Why can some Frenchman on Miquelon island get their hands on a forbidden Dacia Sandero while someone less than 30 km away in Newfoundland can't? It's because they're not actually Canadian. That's it. The flag. It's madness.

We should've conquered them while we had the chance. (/s)

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Never gonna happen.
but if you need a SCLB it looks like the new 2023 ranger MIGHT have it
Yes, not going to happen. The reason why is that the Maverick is now filling the niche of cars for Ford in North America since Ford has gotten rid of thier cars except for the Mustang. So a 2 door Maverick wouldn't make sense as it would not appeal to car shoppers. Ford probably figures if someone wants a longer bed they will move up to the Ranger. The Ranger isn't much bigger than the Maverick. Only looks like it at first glance because it sits up higher.
Sponsored