First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heads up… My PCM was “updated” on Feb. 5th, 2024. Since then, I am experiencing 10% + decrease in MPG. Ouch
Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a fleet of 10 hybrids after the recall they all increase on the mpg by about 50 extra miles per tank full, but that started after the 3th tank full I think the computer needs to recalibrate itself to your driving habits again

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
I just had oil change and turn signal recall done. They also informed me they did the pcm update. Well, I hope the truck still stays flawless......... I hate updates. Haven't even done the radio updates. When something is working just fine, there is no reason to F it up.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The one thing the recall did was when I filled it up the miles to empty was only 342 miles to empty like when I first bought it. I filled at 50 MTE but it’s still at about 340 MTE at 3/4 tank. I suppose that will change over the next few tanks where it reads higher.

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a fleet of 10 hybrids after the recall they all increase on the mpg by about 50 extra miles per tank full, but that started after the 3th tank full I think the computer needs to recalibrate itself to your driving habits again
Hope that happens for me as well. The first 2 tanks after the flash were 95% highway… thanks for info

Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could this be a case of correlation and not causation? The reprogramming was for emissions conditions at 'maximum speed', which doesn't read like something that would greatly reduce fuel mileage.

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one thing the recall did was when I filled it up the miles to empty was only 342 miles to empty like when I first bought it. I filled at 50 MTE but it’s still at about 340 MTE at 3/4 tank. I suppose that will change over the next few tanks where it reads higher.
mine was 356 after flash. 435 yesterday with 17 miles to empty and put in 13.28 gallon or roughly 32.9 mpg; I was seeing 35+ highway… next 3 weeks is city only so I’ll compare. 45-47mpg was my average w/o AC

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could this be a case of correlation and not causation? The reprogramming was for emissions conditions at 'maximum speed', which doesn't read like something that would greatly reduce fuel mileage.
Maybe so, hopefully time will prove me wrong. I just wanted all who haven’t done this “update” to be aware. I took it to dealer for an oil change to use up my points and “oh by the way, we…”

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe so, hopefully time will prove me wrong. I just wanted all who haven’t done this “update” to be aware. I took it to dealer for an oil change to use up my points and “oh by the way, we…”
Yeah, since this is a recall, a dealer would be obligated to perform it if they have your vehicle for service. They can't force you to bring it in for the recall, but if they have their hands on it and don't do it, that would be a problem (beyond just being poor service).

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have that turn signal recall notice. Yet to do. Now i wonder if I want to?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have that turn signal recall notice. Yet to do. Now i wonder if I want to?
The taillight was done at the same time. If I had been aware this might happen, I would not have it taken back to the dealer for the oil change. I was trying to use up those points I got for the purchase of the Maverick, especially after they docked me 50 points for inactivity… Live and learn

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The taillight was done at the same time. If I had been aware this might happen, I would not have it taken back to the dealer for the oil change. I was trying to use up those points I got for the purchase of the Maverick, especially after they docked me 50 points for inactivity… Live and learn
They dock you for not using it? Damn

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had filled up the day before I had mine done. MTE showed over 600 miles when they came out to do it. After it was done, MTE was 325. By the time I filled it up, if you added the miles driven to the MTE I would have almost 660 miles on the tank. The MTE kept climbing as I drove it until I had over 300 miles on the tank. You'll be ok.

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had filled up the day before I had mine done. MTE showed over 600 miles when they came out to do it. After it was done, MTE was 325. By the time I filled it up, if you added the miles driven to the MTE I would have almost 660 miles on the tank. The MTE kept climbing as I drove it until I had over 300 miles on the tank. You'll be ok.
🤞🏻

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ours was wacky after the update in January- sat at 118miles till empty for at least 50 miles before that number changed at all. 😂

I don't know if/how it affected real mileage because it was the couple weeks we used the heater right after that. SC weather we hadn't used any A/C since about October and hadn't needed the heater.
Sponsored