Sponsored

Should I take delivery or wait for 2023?

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL
I might just keep my current MY 22. I really like it. A lot. But I'm getting in line Thursday and will have fun next year (or the one after that, or the one after that, etc) following the 'Social S'Storm that is Mav Tribe'. I'm getting 2. I'll choose what goes in the garage, which is my driver and a Sale. I can wait it out now. Love this Unicorn.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can only imagine the mess the 2023 will bring in. More people who became aware of the truck are gonna place an order.

People who are looking to make a "profit" will order one or two.

Fleet orders from businesses will continue to come in.

And there's the unfulfilled orders of 2022 along with recalls. I don't know how they would handle it differently.

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bird in the hand...
Panama City Autonation: I'm pre-ordering 2 ea. Hybrids tomorrow @ 1200. I'll stay on the Forum. Love my base XL. I fixed it up myself. No wait in the Mexican Desert for my flaps, bed rug, cargo rails and weathertech mats...4 months before the Unicorn even rolled off the Hauler! !

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Panama City Autonation: I'm pre-ordering 2 ea. Hybrids tomorrow @ 1200. I'll stay on the Forum. Love my base XL. I fixed it up myself. No wait in the Mexican Desert for my flaps, bed rug, cargo rails and weathertech mats...4 months before the Unicorn even rolled off the Hauler! !
My 2nd XL is scheduled for Aug 15. I’ll trade them both when the PHEV version becomes available.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the your truck has been built in May and I'm still waiting for it. Don't expect to see it in 2 weeks. More likely 2 months until you see it. By then we all will know what options will be available for 2023. If you see something you want on the 2023 then let your order go and order a 23.
Someone posted link showing touchup color chart for 2023 colors it is unknown if it's complete or not but check it out if paint color matters to you.

Sponsored

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone posted link showing touchup color chart for 2023 colors it is unknown if it's complete or not but check it out if paint color matters to you.
Meeting Sales tomorrow and pre-order. My Dealer said we could initiate the paperwork etc. and when the order banks open this may work to my advantage. Still can't decide to order 2 Hybrids or a Hybrid and the XL. I have untill 1200 to decide. 2% over MY 22 MSRP. I want THAT in writting and I will! Prolly won't see it next year but I now have the luxery of not waiting for a damm UTE!

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who plans to flip an extra order or have done so already, did you finance both? Did you put a deposit? Did you have an issues financing the second one?

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not both? That's what I'm doing. You can always sell, most likely for a profit, once your '23 comes in
Ordering an XL AND a Hybrid at High Noon tomorrow. We'll see how THIS goes. Pre-Orders are something I'm unfamiliar with especially when Ford hasn't released details on the MY 23. I really can't see any changes except maybe cruise control on the XL and perhapes new / different colors. Love my base XL. The only complaint is with FORD! Where's our trucks you guys?!?>!

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering an XL AND a Hybrid at High Noon tomorrow. We'll see how THIS goes. Pre-Orders are something I'm unfamiliar with especially when Ford hasn't released details on the MY 23. I really can't see any changes except maybe cruise control on the XL and perhapes new / different colors. Love my base XL. The only complaint is with FORD! Where's our trucks you guys?!?>!
CASH no financing (Thank YOU GOD)!

Sponsored

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$$$ always $$$
Tomorrow's order for 2 ea. no deposit @ Autonation Panama City Florida. Great Dealer. Bad builder. HA! I'll keep whichever comes off the Hauler first! Hope it's Cyber Orange! Hope? oh yeah, I'm on the Unicorn Forum. Excuse me while I wait for 2 years.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It seems to me everyone wants to order 2 trucks, and flip one for a profit. What happens if the market suddenly is flooded with lots of people trying to sell the second truck? Remember you have to eat the tax there's no way getting around it, that's 2K off your profit, and with others in competing you'll be lucky to make 3K (that's 5K over your cost) I would rather buy from a dealer so I have somewhere to go with a problem, then from a private party. Also dealers will be getting cars that people walk away from. Just my 2 cents!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got a "You're truck has been built" email with a estimated delivery in two weeks.

Of course it's a hybrid. So my question, should I take delivery or wait for 2023 and for them to work out the issues with the battery dying mainly?

It's an XLT and I still have a Lariat order which most likely get push to 2023. Is it still profitablr or at least not at loss to flip these trucks despite of the known problems?

So to sum things up, I could pass up this one and hope for my other order to get pulled as a 2023 with the option to upgrade to AWD hybrid or a PHEV but risk not having a truck at all with how things are so crazy right now.

Keep the order of the XLT in hope that they fixed the wiring issues on mine and still place a separate order for a 2023?

I'm also not in dire need of a new vehicle. It would be nice to have it for the rest of the summer season but not crucial. Thx
I think that issue was a bad wiring harness and they've fixed that. I would take the Maverick and enjoy it.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is it that there is still no class action lawsuit for this? I'd settle for a free Maverick or Lightning. lol
Ill manufactures have recalls, it's just a part of life. Nothing is perfect so don't except it to be. The more tech they shove into the vehicle the more issues it may have. If you want a truck that gets 40+mpg than it will have a LOT of electronics and new tech in it. That comes with the price of maybe one of those items not being 100% correct. Not everyone is looking to sue and get something free every time something goes wrong. If that is you than maybe you should walk away from your order and get a 30 years old car with roll up windows and no AC
Sponsored