First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
tell that to NASCAR. How do you explain the continued success (and sales) of C-8 Corvette and all models before that, V-8 Mustangs, Camaros, Challenger & Charger with all the Demon and other variants topping 700HP and street legal and many others I could name? I agree we have different opinions of what a Poser is. It's All SHOW and NO GO. You Youngsters that think punched out 4 cylinders are the shit have no appreciation for real muscle cars and grew up in the era of "less is more" forced on us by the heavy hand of Gov't regulations and vilification of oil companies by "activists" who don't want anyone to have any fun or freedom on wheels. Try studying cars and racing of the mid 60's- late 70's to see what it was like to drive cars for FUN and sport for a little perspective on this. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" !

I don't care what you do to a front wheel drive economy minded compact truck- it's not meant to be a racer and IMO it's plain silly to try to make it look like 1 :p Might look good as a Hot Wheels toy though!
Here's one that is thankful for the automotive industry that now puts out more horsepower in a 2 1/2 liter engine than my "real muscle car" of the '70's, with 400 ci's. If we all drove the old muscle cars, with our current population, none of us could breath in the environment created by the "old muscle cars". None of the old muscle cars, could compete with the upcoming "EV's", with zero emissions.

I also find it sort of strange to try to make a relatively low performance vehicle look faster by installing visual plastic trinkets & graphics.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's one that is thankful for the automotive industry that now puts out more horse-power in a 2 1/2 liter engine than my "real muscle car" of the '70's. If we all drove the old muscle cars, with our current population, none of us could breath in the environment created by the "old muscle cars". None of the old muscle cars of late, could compete with the upcoming "EV's", with zero emmissions.
Bottom line to this topic is renderings slapping graphics, fancy wheels and non-functional accessory parts on a Maverick for looks does not change the purpose it was designed for: low budget economy people mover and modernized compact truck replacement for old Ranger.

Updated successor to the 70's heritage, smog compliant muscle cars such as I mentioned are for sale RIGHT NOW. I have a 2018 F-150 with Coyote V-8 derived from Mustang current V-8. Could've had the ECO Boost- but we had a choice and preferred V-8. Some people prefer 4, 6 cylinder instead and there's a tuner segment for all of them and they co-exist just fine right now. There's also ~2% of the driving/buying population that prefers EV. But as of right now we still have a CHOICE.

Be careful what you wish for and be happy we still have a choice.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't get it at all. There is no connection between Maverick and anything remotely related to a high performance V-8 based Shelby sports cars upon which the name and legend was built. All this gives you is a tarted up Poser truck and further dilutes and stains the Shelby name and history. SMH :alien:
We haven't seen The Shelby Lightning Streak yet! May need 8 wheels to grab enough asphalt! What's the word I'm looking for? Wait! That's it Wait! Let us Wait! We can Wait!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bottom line to this topic is renderings slapping graphics, fancy wheels and non-functional accessory parts on a Maverick for looks does not change the purpose it was designed for: low budget economy people mover and modernized compact truck replacement for old Ranger.

Updated successor to the 70's heritage, smog compliant muscle cars such as I mentioned are for sale RIGHT NOW. I have a 2018 F-150 with Coyote V-8 derived from Mustang current V-8. Could've had the ECO Boost- but we had a choice and preferred V-8. Some people prefer 4, 6 cylinder instead and there's a tuner segment for all of them and they co-exist just fine right now. There's also ~2% of the driving/buying population that prefers EV. But as of right now we still have a CHOICE.

Be careful what you wish for and be happy we still have a choice.
Don't disagree ! But auto manufacturing has changed. I'm a Porsche fan, current 911 Turbo S (AWD) is 0-60 in 2.78 seconds...puts G-Force in your face. New EV Mustang Mach-E from Ford give a 0-60 in 3.5 seconds....Porsche has made every 911 new generation faster, but they admit they can not get any quicker due to tires. Whether we like it or not EV's are coming, Volvo says their last ICE is being phased out, Ford last week demo'ed the new 7,000 pound Humvee at 0-60 in 3.0 seconds, and in CEO of Ford's own words were that all their RD's engineering is directly targeted toward manufacturing of EV plants.

For the first time in their 50 yr history, the Porsche 911 is being out sold by their 2 yr old Taycan Electric. I drove my riding buddy's Tesla S90 EV last year and my little Porsche was not even competition. Tesla is already more profitable and worth more than FORD.
I too will miss ICE's. My order for a Maverick Hybrid is my taking the first step into the new EV world....partial reason is my largest customer is one of the largest GASOLINE RETAILERS in the US. They are very very confident the price of gasoline will never/in the near future be as low as the prices we paid 5 years ago, both due to COVID's reduced need for gas (people working from home) and the vehicle manufacturer's emphasis on future EV's.

JMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
GT350 and GT500 are just poser cars? LOL!!!! Yea ok. 525 HP and 760 hp. Current GT500 is 0-60 in 3.3 secs, 10.7 1/4 mile sure is posing.

Here is a video of of a GT500 and Camaro ZL1-1LE posing at Nurburgring.
Nurgburgring credentials and excessive power in a street car are just for posers that treat public roads like a race track. These kinds of stats are just as useless as tarted up styling.

Just to be clear, I think any car that isn't just a functional thing with reasonable power, styling, and price is a poser car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How soon the world forgets that the GLHS was a thing. 175 hp and weighed 2200 pounds. This specimen belonged to Carroll Shelby and went up for auction in January.

I would love to see a Shelby Maverick.

carroll-shelby-s-1986-dodge-shelby-omni-glhs-can-be-yours-for-75000-154108_1.jpg
1986 Dodge Omni GLH-S. Only 500 made and all sold directly as factory orders. 0-60 mph in 6.5 secs with a top speed of 130 mph. The next year the 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger was released with the same engine. 0-60 mph in 6.7 secs with a top speed of 137 mph. 1000 of those were made. I had a 1986 Omni GLH with the non-turbo motor. 0-60 mph in 8.5 secs with a top speed of 110 mph. 1986 was the last of the Omni GLH's.

1986 was also the first year the 3rd brake light become mandatory on all U.S. cars.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nurgburgring credentials and excessive power in a street car are just for posers that treat public roads like a race track. These kinds of stats are just as useless as tarted up styling.
You called them posers. Clearly they are not and have the substance to back it up.

No one said they are running on the streets in this manner. Any moron can drive a vehicle and act like an ass regardless of power including a soccer mom minivan etc. Just because you have the power and ability doesn’t mean they drive like that on public roads. That’s what tracks are for.

Your knowledge of what car is a poser or not is laughable and ignorant. You actually sound jealous and bitter probably because you can’t afford one or your wife won’t let you get one.

Yes please get a Shelby looking poser Maverick and post pictures here I need a good laugh on top of your vast knowledge of what a poser car is lol

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Just to be clear, I think any car that isn't just a functional thing with reasonable power, styling, and price is a poser car.
Who are you to judge what "excessive power" is? Believe it or not, some people like to own cars that excite them because of the pleasure of the actual driving experience and want something with pedigree, soul, and character instead of a gutless bland econo box to hypermile in commuting to work and impress their friends with their enviro credentials while they sip sustainable lattes and eat Avocado toast in a person of color owned cafe. :ROFLMAO:

I know someone who has an old Yugo converted to run on dog :poop: that you can buy for a song. Let me know if interested...

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Side note, my mom had an 89 Plymouth Voyager minivan (same thing as the ground breaking Dodge Caravan) that was optioned with the 2.2L? Maybe it was 2.4L turbo that the Shelby cars got
No clue how my parents decided to order something like that
But I took my driving test in it and would sneak it out on weekends
It was pretty ridiculous

but y’all go ahead and carry on with your name calling and whatnot

Sponsored

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive owned 5 mustangs now....love my v8's but the maverick I just ordered a month ago has more HP than my first v8 mustang did in 1991.... :) Cant wait to get this pick up...should be a fun daily/work vehicle for me...maybe throw a tune on it and see what happens! lol

Not sure why people argue about who has/had more hp or whatever....i just love cars and love to see the "mini" trucks coming back....

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you get your Shelby Maverick all dolled up, give me a call. I will meet you at the track on a Hayabusa. Leave your seat warmers off, your ass is going to get roasted for 1/2 what you spent over msrp.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive owned 5 mustangs now....love my v8's but the maverick I just ordered a month ago has more HP than my first v8 mustang did in 1991.... :) Cant wait to get this pick up...should be a fun daily/work vehicle for me...maybe throw a tune on it and see what happens! lol

Not sure why people argue about who has/had more hp or whatever....i just love cars and love to see the "mini" trucks coming back....
what is the actual point of people comparing HP in any other vehicle to Maverick? The Maverick is not designed to be a hot rod, pony car, dragster, mini Raptor- any of that. The business case is low entry cost, good MPG in either powertrain, towing & hauling capability choices, and good road manners.

yes, technology has evolved to the point a smaller motor with fewer cylinders can produce higher HP numbers than ever before (same thing happening with V-8s while we're at it) BUT the vehicles are far more complicated designs to do it, have more expensive features, can't be worked on by the average home mechanic for anything more than oil change, air filter and tire swaps (creating more expensive service needs by professionals) and as useful as SOME of the technology can be- we're supposed to replace it all for EVs long before a similar level of range, cost, and convenience for the average driver/owner is available - and may never be at all?

In my case, yeah I'm buying a Maverick with ECO boost, AWD but no Nanny Tech options and before they install more black boxes to track mileage, test for BAC, etc. as my last act of defiance. At age 63 I want a mechanically modernized compact truck to compliment my other vehicles and hobby powersports toys, and expect it will be my last new vehicle purchase before I can't drive anymore. I'm keeping my low mileage Jeep Grand Cherokee as well and will actually consider conversion to a EV crate motor when that becomes a proven, economically and operationally seamless possibility. Until then, it's ICE ICE baby!

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Old, a lot of these young pups are internet experts. They think throwing away a bunch of money and bolting on whatever someone sells makes their car a dragstrip terror and makes it handle like a race car.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you get your Shelby Maverick all dolled up, give me a call. I will meet you at the track on a Hayabusa. Leave your seat warmers off, your ass is going to get roasted for 1/2 what you spent over msrp.
So you're going to show up on a high revving 4 cylinder of Japanese tech? :ROFLMAO: Never thought this would be a Boomer triggering thread that goes as far as bringing a business owners race into the conversation.
Sponsored