Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you buy the factory Ford assists? Can you post a few pics? Thanks
Here you go. You can see the spot where the tie down was unbolted. You can easily put a style that doesn’t wrap around the side back on and it shouldn’t be an issue with the strut assist. Worst case, you could unbolt the strut in like 10 min if you needed the tie down back on for a specific reason.

Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts A0A86CBE-6015-4AC2-92EA-F8E3E3ED2098
Sponsored

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Here you go. You can see the spot where the tie down was unbolted. You can easily put a style that doesn’t wrap around the side back on and it shouldn’t be an issue with the strut assist. Worst case, you could unbolt the strut in like 10 min if you needed the tie down back on for a specific reason.

A0A86CBE-6015-4AC2-92EA-F8E3E3ED2098.jpeg
Thanks tons. We can likely order it directly from Deezee eventually. Can’t wait for my truck to arrive late next week!

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Uh... what?

Black ice - I want to know if it's 32 or 35 degs when driving in winter. I had an old car without the outside thermometer and it sucked. I hated it.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

A0A86CBE-6015-4AC2-92EA-F8E3E3ED2098.jpeg
No Bottle opener? :-(

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone received their Hybrid truck yet ?
No one received their hybrid yet because the EPA hasn't given Ford mpg/emissions approval yet. Until then Ford cannot give the OKTB approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: wjg

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure wish that I could get my Hybrid XLT. Ordered June 18th. I don't expect it until after the new year.
I think Ford has to wait for the EPA before they con release the hybrid models, hopefully that will be a lot sooner than next year. Did you place your order with Priority or Beach Ford?

Sponsored

Bizzy2004

First Name
Demarcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford e-150
Here are all my pictures of my Maverick.

Ordered July 3, built Sep 22, delivered Oct 7.

Mods include window air deflectors, tailgate assist struts, all weather mats.

Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts {filename}

Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts {filename}

How long did it take to build after production date

Ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
Engine
Undecided
The tailgate assist is not quite what I want but it is interesting.

Is there a smart way to lock the tailgate down so that it will not bounce? I want to carry one or two bicycles, with front wheel intact on the bike in the front of the bed and rear wheel resting on the tailgate. I will tie down the bike (or bikes) but I want that tailgate horizontal and not bouncing. Any suggestions?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are all my pictures of my Maverick.

Ordered July 3, built Sep 22, delivered Oct 7.

Mods include window air deflectors, tailgate assist struts, all weather mats.

Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts 2022-ford-maverick-window-air-deflectors-
Man, black sure looks good on the XL. I was torn between the Iconic Silver and the Velocity Blue, and with my wife's input we got the VB. The black looks better in your photos than on Ford's build website. I love the black trim, grill, and grill cross bar on the black.

Your post was three days after I ordered my VB XL. Makes me wish I had seen your post first and given black more thought. Good job!

Last edited:

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In one of the 20 videos I watched on Oct. 5, one of the reviewers insinuated that the Maverick did not come with a dampened tailgate because it would interfere with the multi-positions. However, he didn't say why or elaborate so he was likely just guessing. I don't see how the two would conflict. Though I don't see why the tailgate tie down has to come off either.

And why the heck don't I just let someone who has a truck answer the questions? Because I ordered a hybrid, so this is what I do.
I self-installed the tailgate dampener (dee zee) without much of a problem. Only thing removed is the bottle opener/tie down on the driver side of the tailgate because the normal place it resides when the tailgate is up is the same place the dampener connects on the side of the truck. Not a big deal to me but might be to some. Doesn’t effect the multi position of the tailgate either.

Everything else works fine and i like the feel when opening the tailgate. My wife is especially appreciative.

there is separate thread on this venue that discusses the plusses/minuses and installation (if you want to do yourself) more throughly. Search for tailgate dampener to find it.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I self-installed the tailgate dampener (dee zee) without much of a problem. Only thing removed is the bottle opener/tie down on the driver side of the tailgate because the normal place it resides when the tailgate is up is the same place the dampener connects on the side of the truck. Not a big deal to me but might be to some. Doesn’t effect the multi position of the tailgate either.

Everything else works fine and i like the feel when opening the tailgate. My wife is especially appreciative.

there is separate thread on this venue that discusses the plusses/minuses and installation (if you want to do yourself) more throughly. Search for tailgate dampener to find it.
Thanks for the response. I too installed the tailgate assist back in April and have no regrets. It was easy to attach, and works as expected with no problems so far. I replaced the Ford tie-down with one fabricated by MTC member Chandonnet. (y)
Ford Maverick Shadow Black XL Delivered and Mods Installed: Window Air Deflectors + Tailgate Assist Struts 1664168616056
Sponsored