First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my truck for about two weeks and love it. I've been very careful with the interior and so far so good expect for one area. If you press the button for the seatbelt release, it springs back pretty quick and hits that trim on the inside B pillar. First time I did it I heard it hit the plastic and sure enough left a little mark. I put some vinyl there for the time being to keep it from happening again and I'm very careful now releasing the buckle and easing it back to the return position.

Just a heads up for new owners.
Sponsored

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have heard this somewhere else on the forum, I have not received my Maverick yet but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put something like vinyl or maybe some color matched felt to dampen the blow.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try driving with all the windows down. The unused seat belts flap like crazy.

OP
OP
Speed2000

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"I'm very careful now releasing the buckle and easing it back to the return position"

Oh yeah, ever since the first hit, that's why I posted up the warning. Mine has a few nicks and I only let it hit once so the others are probably from PDI test drive.

I'm gonna try wrapping a hair scrunchie around the base of the buckel and see if that helps.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, the Maverick could use some PFF for the interior columns to minimize these scratches. After five months of driving, I've learned to just quit worrying about such scratches.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

AtlasBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, the Maverick could use some PFF for the interior columns to minimize these scratches. After five months of driving, I've learned to just quit worrying about such scratches.
I've had mine for 4 months and still trying to keep it looking like new lol I've given up on my seatbelt cuz it scratches like crazy but I'm still parking in the back of every parking lot!

Sump

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wookiesinthewoods.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick, 19 Cayman GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The interior plastic, at least on the Navy Pier is the least forgiving plastic in a vehicle I've seen since the early 2000s VW Soft Touch that would peel if you looked at it wrong. If you touch the Navy pier with anything but a microfiber towel, it scratches. I too put a little bit of vinyl where the buckle goes. However where my kids get in/out in the back, even a little kick with a tennis shoe leaves a mark that you can't fully get out. I am now in the acceptance phase of it being the family hauler/weekend project mobile.

But as someone who is fanatical about keeping cars clean, it's tough to manage!

TRex

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Lariat Lux Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my truck for about two weeks and love it. I've been very careful with the interior and so far so good expect for one area. If you press the button for the seatbelt release, it springs back pretty quick and hits that trim on the inside B pillar. First time I did it I heard it hit the plastic and sure enough left a little mark. I put some vinyl there for the time being to keep it from happening again and I'm very careful now releasing the buckle and easing it back to the return position.

Just a heads up for new owners.
What kind of "vinyl" did you put on the inside B pillar to protect it from seatbelt damage? Do you think 3M PPF film would work?

OP
OP
Speed2000

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried that but the plastic isn't smooth enough for it to stick very well, kinda like putting Scotch tape on a cement block. It will stick but it won't stay.
Sponsored