Sponsored

SCORE ! The Maverick will darn near be paid for ;)

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
So we took my GF's 2016 Kia Soul to Car Max yesterday (after I spent about 6 hrs of detailing on it) and holy $#!# !
I mean yes, it only had 29K miles on it, was in excellent condition inside and out.... but still, it was more than 4 yrs old.... and you know the whole thing about cars losing 15% the day you drive them off the lot ?
Well, with that in mind, I told my GF she needed to come up with a number she was willing to settle for, because as I told her, at Car Max, their is no haggling. If you like the price they offer, you take it. If you don't you take the car and leave.... and they won't chase you. So she had decided on $14K as her lowest number. Oh, btw, I forgot to say, she paid $18,900 for it four years ago.
So we talk to a gentleman for about 5 minutes, to give him her basic info, and he says, okay, have a seat and we will be back with a quote in about 30 minutes.
Thirty minutes later, the guy walks back over smiling, hands her a sheet of paper, and asks, what do you think ? $16,000 ! Are you freaking kidding me ? She drove that thing for 4 years, and only lost $2,900 ??? Whoo hoo :)
So in a few days when she gets her bill, she's dumping all $16K on it. That, plus the $5K she put down on it, and she will only be a few thousand away from owning it. We might try to scape a few more pennies together, to just make that happen right now ;)

LOVING the truck BTW.... as the mileage steadily climbs.. 37.3 now... then it dawned on me that I have not even checked the tire pressure. I might bump those up a few lbs too... Plus, I'm wondering if the bedcover might add 1 mpg ? Putting that on this week ;)

Anybody else score big on the vehicle they sold to get their new Maverick ???
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably another 6-8 weeks before I see my Maverick, but the trade-in value on my Fusion from Carmax has been hovering around what I paid for it 3 years and 25,000 miles ago. Hoping taking delivery in the middle of tax season helps keep the price up there. Just gotta watch out for suicidal deer on my early morning commute....

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we took my GF's 2016 Kia Soul to Car Max yesterday (after I spent about 6 hrs of detailing on it) and holy $#!# !
I mean yes, it only had 29K miles on it, was in excellent condition inside and out.... but still, it was more than 4 yrs old.... and you know the whole thing about cars losing 15% the day you drive them off the lot ?
Well, with that in mind, I told my GF she needed to come up with a number she was willing to settle for, because as I told her, at Car Max, their is no haggling. If you like the price they offer, you take it. If you don't you take the car and leave.... and they won't chase you. So she had decided on $14K as her lowest number. Oh, btw, I forgot to say, she paid $18,900 for it four years ago.
So we talk to a gentleman for about 5 minutes, to give him her basic info, and he says, okay, have a seat and we will be back with a quote in about 30 minutes.
Thirty minutes later, the guy walks back over smiling, hands her a sheet of paper, and asks, what do you think ? $16,000 ! Are you freaking kidding me ? She drove that thing for 4 years, and only lost $2,900 ??? Whoo hoo :)
So in a few days when she gets her bill, she's dumping all $16K on it. That, plus the $5K she put down on it, and she will only be a few thousand away from owning it. We might try to scape a few more pennies together, to just make that happen right now ;)

LOVING the truck BTW.... as the mileage steadily climbs.. 37.3 now... then it dawned on me that I have not even checked the tire pressure. I might bump those up a few lbs too... Plus, I'm wondering if the bedcover might add 1 mpg ? Putting that on this week ;)

I just had a 2008 honda fit manual with 149,000 miles, so no chance in paying off a Maverick with it.

I did see kbb value climb up to $3660 trade in mid-range from the $1900 it was at when I placed my maverick order back in July.

Sold the Fit last week to a dealership for $3750.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a used 2015 BMW 328i with about 38k miles from carmax in 2018 for 20k. I sold it to Carvana in October 2021 for 17k with 64k miles. Awesome car and I miss it but I don’t miss having a car payment and I enjoyed the $7000 down payment it gave me for my someday Maverick!

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2019 Ford Fusion, low miles. When I bought it in June 2019 with my Ford Z plan and a $5000 rebate I paid $18,655 for it. In early December I went in websites of We Buy Any Car, Vroom, Carmax and Carvana. Carvana came in with highest bid of $24,408. My Lariat hybrid with no add ons cost me $26,071 on my Z plan. Good day to be me!

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was effectively paid about $5K for the privilege of driving my 2019 Ranger for 22 months before selling it to Carmax in October :) They still have it for sale, the poor baby!

liveshot

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda Miata , 2022 VW Taos, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sold mine a bit too early(December) as I am due for a 1/24 build but got 8,500 for a 2007 Honda CRV. Crazy, right?

ZZbuggs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a 2019 Kia Forte, paid $18,500, Carvana gave me $18550. Drove for three years and sold it for more than I paid. Never seen anything like this.....

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well, with that in mind, I told my GF she needed to come up with a number she was willing to settle for, because as I told her, at Car Max, there is no haggling. If you like the price they offer, you take it. If you don't you take the car and leave.... and they won't chase you.

So she had decided on $14K as her lowest number. Oh, btw, I forgot to say, she paid $18,900 for it four years ago.

Last October I sold my 2015 Honda Fit EX (purchased 9/14) with 43,824 miles on it to Carvana for $16,523. Original MSRP was $19,025

I keep detailed records on my vehicles and here are the details for the Fit:

Total miles driven = 43824

Fees cost: 1240.00, per mile cost: 0.028
Gas cost: 3156.32, per mile cost: 0.072
Insurance cost: 4031.33, per mile cost: 0.092
Maintenance cost: 1281.29, per mile cost: 0.029
Purchase cost: 4086.00, per mile cost: 0.093
Repairs cost: 32.48, per mile cost: 0.001
Wash cost: 121.70, per mile cost: 0.003

Total cost: 13949.12, per mile cost: 0.318

Gallons: 1472.61
Miles per gallon: 29.8
Average price per gallon: 2.143

So over 7 years + 1 month the total purchase price was $4086.00 or $48.07 per month
Total of all costs per month $164.11

The Fit was the best in cost per month for ownership.

My second best was my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab which I had for 16 years + 4 months.
Total of all costs $36177.96, per month cost $184.58

For other stories check this thread:

Trading-In/Selling Outright/Selling to Online Companies - Tell Your Story

Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2005 Ford Focus. Great car, but was accumulating some miles on it, for sure. Then someone stole it and destroyed it.

I also had a 2000 Mazda Protege, even higher miles. The same nice folks tried to steal it too, but they didn't suceed. I gave it to Union Gospel Mission.

I bought a Maverick.

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Please invest that $16K somewhere and take out a low interest loan for the outstanding balance on the Mav. It will only cost a few hundred per year in interest and a mediocre return on $16K would get you so much more.
Maybe if either one of us were into money management strategies. But what neither one of us are into, is headaches, and debts. We want that thing to be hers right now, and be done with it ;)

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
KBB Says my 2010 Toyota Corolla with 140K miles and in fair condition has an approximate $4,000 trade in value. Used car values are nuts right now.

Ford Maverick SCORE ! The Maverick will darn near be paid for ;) 1642005157322

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe if either one of us were into money management strategies. But what neither one of us are into, is headaches, and debts. We want that thing to be hers right now, and be done with it ;)
Everyone is into money management if they want to be or not. 😉
Sponsored