Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't seen these posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share. They're also available in 18" which might look even better...I wasn't ready to upgrade the tires just yet (shown with stock tires). Keeping the steelies as winter rims.

RTX OE Type R 17x7.5" 5x108 45mm 63.4mm (hubcentric) - discontinued, still in stock 03/24

Ford Maverick RTX OE Type R 17×7.5″ Gunmetal Wheels on Maverick Hybrid XL DSC_0044-lo

Ford Maverick RTX OE Type R 17×7.5″ Gunmetal Wheels on Maverick Hybrid XL DSC_0043-lo

Ford Maverick RTX OE Type R 17×7.5″ Gunmetal Wheels on Maverick Hybrid XL DSC_0045-lo

Ford Maverick RTX OE Type R 17×7.5″ Gunmetal Wheels on Maverick Hybrid XL DSC_0048-lo
Sponsored

Last edited:

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good to me. Anything is an upgrade over the steelies. This was a nice choice!

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty meh choice honestly.

These would be far better (with a slightly beefier tire): https://rtxwheels.com/collections/rtx/products/rtx-mini-baja-satin-black
With every car having “special” wheels these days, almost nothing really stands out. I looked at a lot of wheels online, and on all the cars parked up and down my block, and nothing really stands out unless you spend north of $1000.

Except the steelies. Also found on USPS trucks, Range Rovers, and some vintage Mercedes. Heh!

OP
OP
Montevilla

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice, man. that looks good, even with stock tires. mine's going to be CG as well ... i might look into this and maybe go with 18
Nice work @Montevilla, looks nice and clean on those wheels!
Looks good to me. Anything is an upgrade over the steelies. This was a nice choice!
Hey thanks! For my taste, the gunmetal works really well with cactus gray. I also like the fact that the color meshes well with the black plastic trim and unpolished tires, the latter being my hesitation with black rims. I know myself too well that I would not be applying tire shine, at least not for long.

Being hubcentric, they add 1/4" inside and out...which makes for a slightly more filled in look in the wheel well over the steelies. Also 5 pounds lighter each, so perhaps better mileage in the long run.

Last edited:
Sponsored

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey thanks! For my taste, the gunmetal works really well with cactus gray. I also like the fact that the color meshes well with the black plastic trim and unpolished tires, the latter being my hesitation with black rims. I know myself too well that I would not be applying tire shine, at least not for long.

Being hubcentric, they add 1/4" inside and out...which makes for a slightly more filled in look in the wheel well over the steelies. Also 5 pounds lighter each, so perhaps better mileage in the long run.
I agree. My MY23 will be Black and I"ll have gunmetal wheels, 5 spoke as well because i've cleaned a sh--ton of race wheels over the years and they clean easiest.

ssotrr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Artem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you like it so far?

tddawson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT (ordered, not received)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't seen these posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share. They're also available in 18" which might look even better...I wasn't ready to upgrade the tires just yet (shown with stock tires). Keeping the steelies as winter rims.

RTX OE Type R 17x7.5" 5x108 45mm 63.4mm (hubcentric)

DSC_0044-lo.jpg

DSC_0043-lo.jpg

DSC_0045-lo.jpg

DSC_0048-lo.jpg
You can’t go wrong with set of 5-spoke wheels!

OP
OP
Montevilla

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you like it so far?
They're great. Two summers of use so far. Easy to clean too. Get 'em while you can, because RTX has discontinued them .
Sponsored