Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove a stick for years and loved it, a left knee injury ended that, I'm really use to having a hand rest. Anyone know of a mod to get the shifter up higher?
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I drove a stick for years and loved it, a left knee injury ended that, I'm really use to having a hand rest. Anyone know of a mod to get the shifter up higher?
If you go to an adult store they make plenty of "sticks" that you can place right on top to meet your needs. Some of them even have a suction cup on the bottom making it easier to install

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you go to an adult store they make plenty of "sticks" that you can place right on top to meet your needs. Some of them even have a suction cup on the bottom making it easier to install
Honey, ever since you got that Maverick, you always seem to be smiling after you drive it.

Yeah, it just makes me happy.

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
Depends how nice you want the finished product to be. You could probably take a 20oz soda bottle, cut the top off, and put it upside-down over the shift knob, but I don't think that look would work for everyone.

Maybe class it up with a Mason jar?

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Elon would probably have a stroke if he saw that
Not my cup of tea, but to each their own. I can drive standard, but never desire to own one. Last I drove one was a shitty little compact, Fiesta I think, and I was stuck in bumper to bumper on the interstate in the rolling hills of Tennessee. I was miserable, but it was for work and a dealer trade, so at least my return trip was with a nicer vehicle. Always got calls for standard transports or deliveries cause no one else could drive them.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A nice tall tumbler works for me.

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least Ford, like most manufacturers, was smart enough to put the shifter on the driver's side, unlike the Tacoma, which has it on the passenger side (!!). And look how much room is taken up by the handbrake lever, you'd think by now Toyota could have figured out how to incorporate an electric E brake.

Ford Maverick Rotary Shifter. Toyota_Tacoma

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
A nice tall tumbler works for me.
Don't know if I should be admitting this, but I nearly got in an accident the first week I had my Mav. I pulled in front of my house, went to put it in reverse to back in to my driveway, and the car wouldn't back up. Yeah, I was twisting my coffee instead of the shift knob. 😩
Sponsored