mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the Ridgeline is missing a real transmision then again with the new ruberband trany on the Maverick who knows the one that will fail first.
One day someone will write a long drawn out post about how much they hate “CVTs” and we‘ll have ourselves a nice copy pasta. I think that Mustang guy basically did this in video form. Try again next time.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the Honda Ridgeline a real truck? I've always maintained that answer is no.....now that I am a future Maverick owner I need to reassess this response. The new response....still no. Is the Maverick, yes. Here is the breakdown of the reasoning. The Honda is a unibody and gets 18 24 21. It plays like its a big boy truck and it's not. The Maverick makes no excuses for its lack of size and towing capacity. It is living in the range of the old rangers. Small and fuel efficient. It is a truck. A small weak truck but a truck none the less.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
Personally, if the Ridgeline came out with a hybrid, I'd get one in a heartbeat, 2x cost be damned. Hell, there are rumors of one coming out in 2023. Maybe I'll do a trade in (assuming I even have my Mav by then 😂😅).

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the Honda Ridgeline a real truck? I've always maintained that answer is no.....now that I am a future Maverick owner I need to reassess this response. The new response....still no. Is the Maverick, yes. Here is the breakdown of the reasoning. The Honda is a unibody and gets 18 24 21. It plays like its a big boy truck and it's not. The Maverick makes no excuses for its lack of size and towing capacity. It is living in the range of the old rangers. Small and fuel efficient. It is a truck. A small weak truck but a truck none the less.
I have seen a side by side review of the honda vs a ranger vs tacoma.
in the 30 min mark the trany on the Honda gave out. I went and leased the Tacoma instead. And that was a disappointment in its self.
Honda 👎
Back to Fords

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the Ridgeline is missing a real transmision then again with the new ruberband trany on the Maverick who knows the one that will fail first.
Maverick hybrid uses an eCVT not a CVT like Nissans. Big difference. No belts in an eCVT.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022 Ridgeline has some nice features but starts @ 40k if you want heated seats/moonroof- Interior looks nice but boring and dated- V6 and a better AWD system than the Maverick but not interested-

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
2022 Ridgeline has some nice features but starts @ 40k if you want heated seats/moonroof- Interior looks nice but boring and dated- V6 and a better AWD system than the Maverick but not interested-
I like the interior better on the Ridgeline, but to each his own, eh? I miss real leather, and I'm not a fan of the brown/navy theme on the Lariat. The grey leather interior on the Ridgeline, however, is pretty much my ideal. It feels more premium (though you definitely pay for that premium feel).

Plus, the current Ridgeline can tow 5k lbs stock. If a Ridgeline hybrid got anywhere near those numbers, I'd be ecstatic.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the interior better on the Ridgeline, but to each his own, eh? I miss real leather, and I'm not a fan of the brown/navy theme on the Lariat. The grey leather interior on the Ridgeline, however, is pretty much my ideal. It feels more premium (though you definitely pay for that premium feel).

Plus, the current Ridgeline can tow 5k lbs stock. If a Ridgeline hybrid got anywhere near those numbers, I'd be ecstatic.
That's just it. The Ridgeline is in the ranger category for me and loses handily for that. The upper price tag puts it at a lariat 150 and again loses....

Sponsored

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
That's just it. The Ridgeline is in the ranger category for me and loses handily for that. The upper price tag puts it at a lariat 150 and again loses....
That's a decent comparison. However, I think it'd only be fair if the ranger was also available in a hybrid, which it could be eventually (who knows?)

Part of it is aesthetics for me - I'm not a huge fan of the Ranger. I like the look of the Maverick and Ridgeline, partly because they're unibody pickups. They have a different look/feel/style than body-on-frame.

The other part of it is the low towing capacity on the hybrid maverick. Though with no Ridgeline hybrid confirmed to begin with, there's no way to know if it would beat the Mav hybrid's 2k lbs or not. One can hope...

I'm just wishing and dreaming here because I love the looks of the Ridgeline, but need the MPG of the Mav. 🥴

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a decent comparison. However, I think it'd only be fair if the ranger was also available in a hybrid, which it could be eventually (who

I'm just wishing and dreaming here because I love the looks of the Ridgeline, but need the MPG of the Mav. 🥴
Ford Maverick Rival Dad with Honda Ridgeline 5o99k

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The beauty of the US market is that virtually everyone can find something that aligns with their personal preferences, no matter what they might be. ☺
Yup.
Sponsored