Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great photos and notes posted by @enigman

Why I bought it
  • I wanted a retractable bed cover and Ford didn't offer one
  • I wanted the option to still add bed rails, which is a specific feature of the XR model
Things you should know
  • You lose almost a foot of space that the canister takes up, but that's only at the top of the bed, you have full access underneath it
  • The XR model's clamps restrict the movement of the in bed rail system, this is specific to the XR because of extra support needed to support a load on top, the MX doesn't have this issue
  • The canister has drain hoses that are about half an inch in diameter, you'll need to drill into your bed to accommodate them,
Installation

I have no experience with trucks and am just moderately handy and I was able to install this in about an hour without much issue.

Final thoughts

If you need the ability to add a bed rack on top of your cover and don't mind losing a bit of space in exchange, then I'd recommend it. It works for my use case, but wont for everyone.

Product Page

Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 7
Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 6
Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 5
Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 1
Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 3
Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 2
Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 4
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
That is a great looking cover, but the price is steep!

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Did you buy it directly from the manufacturer or who did you buy it from?

Also, how long did it take to get to you? I called Retrax and RollnLock and they both said 4-5 weeks.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the depth into the bed? Thx

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great and is what we're planning. Is there enough room to fit sheets of plywood below the canister and above the wheel wells?

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great but too much $$$'s for me 1,449

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Roll-N-Lock is similar, but it uses a compact proprietary hinge design for the aluminum slats and its take-up box may use less space in the front of the bed?

Their application notes for the Maverick: "OE cargo management tracks will be utilized or removed & discarded for installation of Roll-N-Lock(R) unit. Impedes use of OE accessories."

Theosud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@ Administrator,
Thanks for posting this info as I've been looking for a retractable cover that will allow installation of bed rails. Please share info and pix once your bed rails are also installed. Thanks!

Sponsored

RTR_Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would be sweet if they made a clamp that tied into the accessory rail.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Before you drill holes in your truck bed, I watched a video where someone installing a fold up bed cover, showed where there were rubber plugs below the rails at both fwd, and aft ends of the bed where drain lines (about 1/2") were connected to the fwd section of the bed cover to drain water from the rails the cover sits on.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you drill holes in your truck bed, I watched a video where someone installing a fold up bed cover, showed where there were rubber plugs below the rails at both fwd, and aft ends of the bed where drain lines (about 1/2") were connected to the fwd section of the bed cover to drain water from the rails the cover sits on.
I think this is the one you're talking about.

Mikeysd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Laiat pepper red Lux package 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love to get one for mine.
Sponsored