Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't think anyone has mentioned it on this site yet:

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-s...34600.html?find=2022-ford-maverick-4wd-855983

Updated with installed pics by other members:

By @B_kiz

Works for me! Price was right and it arrived in less than a week. It was super easy to install and seems to fit well.

Lifetime warranty on "hard parts" and 10 year warranty on the vinyl.

Ford Maverick Rough Country: new bed cover tonneau option -- installed pics & feedback / reviews 20220120_115412-

Ford Maverick Rough Country: new bed cover tonneau option -- installed pics & feedback / reviews 20220120_115331-

By @ccubedzx3

Installed it and took it thru the car wash. Had more water than I hoped. I think this cover is the same as the Gator. It looks good, just need to adjust it a bit I think

Ford Maverick Rough Country: new bed cover tonneau option -- installed pics & feedback / reviews 59a191d1-9990-435d-a7a8-a688c2b1c541-jpe

Ford Maverick Rough Country: new bed cover tonneau option -- installed pics & feedback / reviews 0ae4583b-a952-46e5-8e77-9877e55d0042-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks very similar to the gator…funny thing is I just saw this tonight about 3 mins after I bought the gator

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it made in the USA? I would rather spend a few dollars more on one made in the states. Not trying to be political or anything. I’d just rather employ people here in this country.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Looks remarkably similar to mine from another supplier. I think my price was $269 delivered. Only been on less than a week since I’ve had the truck about the same time. Seems to fit well. No leaks but I can’t say it’s been through the wringer in only 5-6 days.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is it made in the USA? I would rather spend a few dollars more on one made in the states. Not trying to be political or anything. I’d just rather employ people here in this country.
When you feel compelled to defend wanting to buy USA made products ........

Don't get me started.

Sponsored

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the gator mid December and they keep pushing the shipping date back and are now saying end of February! I'm glad you posted this, I just cancelled the gator and got it instead, says maybe it'll be here Wednesday but we'll see!

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its definitely not the same as the gator, look at the locking mechanisms. Seems to come with a lifetime warranty, for whatever thats actually worth.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. The rough country looks exactly and I mean exactly like the gator cover I bought 2 years ago on another truck. Same seals, clamps, catches. Looks like they may have bought gators old stock since gators now have improved(easier to operate) latches. If so, pull the trigger on it. It’s a great cover and I had no issues with it.

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I already got a FedEx tracking number assigned to the rough country!
Gators website says estimated delivery for the cover is towards the end of February.. however like I said I ordered mine off real truck December 18th and they pushed the delivery estimate back twice already, so I wouldn't have hopes of getting it anytime soon.

For the shipping time alone I would go with the rough country if I was you

ccubedzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Cactus Grey XLT/FX4/4KT/CP360
Thank you for the heads up on this! I went ahead and purchased one as well. It says it should get to me by Thursday. I'll post pictures once it is delivered and installed.

Sponsored

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of what rough country sells is made in china.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Its definitely not the same as the gator, look at the locking mechanisms. Seems to come with a lifetime warranty, for whatever thats actually worth.
Not the same, but does it look better or worse? I can tell the locking mechanisms are diff, but I’m still waiting for my gator and wondering the actual differences

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not the same, but does it look better or worse? I can tell the locking mechanisms are diff, but I’m still waiting for my gator and wondering the actual differences
I personally like the Gator spring loaded lock more than the flip up lever style used on the rough country. The lever style the rough country model uses just never seem to hold up in the long term from what I have seen.

Other than the locks and warranty, I don't see much of a difference. The rough country is saying it ships right away too, which could be an incentive to go that rout.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I personally like the Gator spring loaded lock more than the flip up lever style used on the rough country. The lever style the rough country model uses just never seem to hold up in the long term from what I have seen.

Other than the locks and warranty, I don't see much of a difference. The rough country is saying it ships right away too, which could be an incentive to go that rout.
Okay cool, thank you…. Tonneau covers are a new world for me, so just trying to get the best option possible under $300 (I can wait if the Gator is truly better quality - my ETA ship date is still 1/31 - 2/4 through tonneau cover world)

Last edited:

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
companies are quick to point that out. If you don't see it advertised as "made in USA" then it most likely isn't.
Sponsored