Sponsored

resale value / ordering help

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully an awd ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the July 17th ordering date fast approaching I'm trying lock down exactly what I want to order. I'm torn between a XL with 4k tow or if I should go with the XLT with FX4. I will get copilot 360 either route I go. I don't have anything to tow and never towed anything in my life. I just want the upgraded radiator/fan for reliability. I really like all the other upgrades from the FX4 but it's a bummer that I have to go XLT to get the package. It's about a $2300 price difference between builds. In my mind id basically id be spending that much for just the FX4 stuff and I'm struggling to justify that. Do you think the XLT with FX4 will have a higher resale value than an XL with 4k tow? Are the XLT locking tailgate and keypad on the door that helpful?
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you buying it for resale or personal use? If for personal use buy what fits your needs better but if for resale its a crap shoot but my money is on the XLT, not sure there will be a big profit margin by the time the 24's are on the street so doubt I would go that route after you add dealer fees, taxes, registration and travel expenses if you don't buy local. I went to Philly and Des Monies for mine and each trip cost me about $1000 in travel expenses that would be lost money on a resale.
Buy what you need not what you think someone else wants.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the July 17th ordering date fast approaching I'm trying lock down exactly what I want to order. I'm torn between a XL with 4k tow or if I should go with the XLT with FX4. I will get copilot 360 either route I go. I don't have anything to tow and never towed anything in my life. I just want the upgraded radiator/fan for reliability. I really like all the other upgrades from the FX4 but it's a bummer that I have to go XLT to get the package. It's about a $2300 price difference between builds. In my mind id basically id be spending that much for just the FX4 stuff and I'm struggling to justify that. Do you think the XLT with FX4 will have a higher resale value than an XL with 4k tow? Are the XLT locking tailgate and keypad on the door that helpful?
I really believe the whole “resale” process is going to be over soon (my opinion, but have never seen market like this). As for the xlt does change wheels & interior with the other options you mentioned + the fx4 ($800) gives you the larger lariat display (in my opinion worth it for that) and different wheels/tires and modes, frame mounted tow hooks and underside protection includes hitch (not the brake controller though 4k gets). So it really depends on what you need, since you’re not towing either you probably don’t really need the fan/radiator upgrades? I bought mine the 1st year and needed cruise not available on xl (had no idea it was that easy to install) but it was a really the only way to go for me as I didn’t want to pay for the lariat goodies. For the $2300 extra does give you a bargain upgrade. The only other way is save the awd/towing stuff and buy the cheaper more fuel efficient hybrid? In the long run I think xlt will sell easier than the basic xl - but again this resale value isn’t going to stay long as more competition is coming and available new vehicles altogether.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I use the keypad daily.

OP
OP
SkrubbinBubb1es
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully an awd ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the responses. I'll add a little to why I asked about resale value. I want the Maverick as it fits my family's needs currently. If we have another child in the next few years then we will need more room than the Maverick can give us and I will have to sell it.

Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you have the money to get the XLT FX4 go for it. It cost more but you sell it for more.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Understand not having enough room if you add to the family in the future.
I do know the XLT is by far the most popular model.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
to it is not, I have had three/Mavericks and by far the X L w/trailer hitch is the best buy. you do not need the tow/package unless you are going to tow a travel/trailer then you would need the tow/package that also come with trailer/brakes but other than that al you need is the standard tow package 2000lb this covers 2/sea-due or trailer w/lawn equit or small fish/boat this is the best buy for the money 23,000,24,000 out he door!!!

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understand not having enough room if you add to the family in the future.
I do know the XLT is by far the most popular model.
Im sorry but the X L is the hardist to get w/only 15% bing built out all the orders and by far the best buy.now the X L T is being built at 59% of all orders and by far that is the best sellin and most profit for ford so if you want to spend 2300 more for mag/wheels a alittle bit diff interior go for it. but the best buy is the X L and it is very hard to get because there is no profit in it for ford!!!

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes the XLT costs more but you will get more for it at resale time so the best buy XL may not always the best on resale. As far as Fords profit I am sure they are still making money in the XL.
Sponsored