Sponsored

Remote start through FordPass

Deleted member 4846

There is no way for your phone to communicate without a plan.
Here is the official wording from the Ford order guide:
  1. 1Wi-Fi hotspot includes wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the trial subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford
    2FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App., and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
You may find the information here useful: https://fordauthority.com/2019/10/f...d has now announced the,to drivers at no cost.
Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
I have been using the remote start through the app and it turns the truck on within 15 seconds no problem. I have been having a tough time knowing if the HVAC system turns on. The temperature and fan speed lights arenā€™t on until you turn the key. Iā€™ve tried the auto and last used settings but couldnā€™t tell a difference.
Would seem kind of pointless to have remote start if you canā€™t blast the heat for a couple minutes.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am trying to confirm if I'll be able to use FordPass on a Maverick XL to remote start the engine (even though it's not a push-start)? From what I can tell, since the vehicle is equipped with FordPass Connect I should be able to do so, and it would be a complimentary feature? Can someone confirm if that's true? If so, I'm not sure why this isn't being more heavily advertised... I think it's a big deal, and would make me feel a lot better about not having heated seats! Thanks!
You can definitely start your XL using the FordPass app on your phone. Also, if you have Alexa, i.e., and echo dot, you can connect it to the FordPass app then start your car using voice commands from inside your house. Just say "Alexa, start my car". Convenient on those cold mornings!

Sponsored

Deleted member 4846

There is no way for your phone to communicate without a plan.
Here is the official wording from the Ford order guide:
  1. 1Wi-Fi hotspot includes wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the trial subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford
    2FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App., and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
You may want to take a look at this...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...wners can,feature the FordPass Connect system.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll wait until someone from Ford can clarify this. I don't see how my T-Mobile connected phone is going to access AT&T towers. Looks to me like it's free for a trial period.
Your TMobile phone will connect to a TMobile tower, to the internet, to an ATT tower nearest your vehicle, then to your vehicle. You will need a data plan on your phone for the initial connection to TMobile (or a wi-fi connection directly to the internet). You do not need a data plan with the truck.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hold on folks! Hate to burst your bubble but Iā€™m pretty sure this requires an AT&T phone and internet account to work. Iā€™m willing to bet AT&T is charging for the service. Ford gives you the app and the capability, but you still have to pay for the service.
Nope. Sorry, but I own one and it works without a cell account on the truck. It is amazing.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your TMobile phone will connect to a TMobile tower, to the internet, to an ATT tower nearest your vehicle, then to your vehicle. You will need a data plan on your phone for the initial connection to TMobile. You do not need a data plan with the truck.
Yes, I was wrong, wrong, wrong! These old posts come back to haunt mešŸ˜›

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Big Ragu

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love ford pass. I use scheduled start on my rig all the time. I leave the house different times throughout the week so i have different times set for each day of the week. So handy