Sponsored

FordPass app update removed remote start?

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was a good reminder. The way stuff is going with the auto makers, I fear that Remote Start via Ford Pass may morph to a subscription. Or get obsoleted in a few years. Just added Remote Start to my order.
My thinking exactly. I've owned Fords for many, many years. Had some of the first versions of Ford connect then Ford Pass. In my experience, those services have been allowed to become obsolete by Ford and in Europe it's already a subscription after an initial period of time. That's why I went with a base Maverick XL and have added the stuff I wanted it to have. I quit buying top of the range Fords for this reason. All that top tech has been buggy and unreliable at best.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My thinking exactly. I've owned Fords for many, many years. Had some of the first versions of Ford connect then Ford Pass. In my experience, those services have been allowed to become obsolete by Ford and in Europe it's already a subscription after an initial period of time. That's why I went with a base Maverick XL and have added the stuff I wanted it to have. I quit buying top of the range Fords for this reason. All that top tech has been buggy and unreliable at best.
I added it at to my build at the last minute. At a cost of 0.47% of the total price. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Ford has taught us not to trust them to keep things updated once they've gotten our money.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
22 Bronco and 22 Maverick here, no message. The first thing I would try is remote unlock/lock and then remote start on each vehicle.

If one fails there's your answer. But then after that, I would update the infotainment on anything that failed. If it's not the Maverick you'll probably get much better answers on a forum specific to that model (Expedition or F-150).

The last thing I'd do is take it to a dealership.

But I will say, this thing will eventually come for all our trucks. Software and hardware deprecation will happen. 3G cellular for example, is gone, and any phone that doesn't have 4G is not going to work. So unless 10-20 years from now Ford decides to sell connectivity upgrade parts, or licenses a 3rd party the ability to do that, I am sure that some day Fordpass will not work on a 2022 Maverick. Still, that shouldn't be less than 4 years (oldest vehicle for the OP). At least twice that.
You're right, planned obsolescence for all electronics. Heck, the way it is it seems like all the time you save with technology is then wasted updating it.
Sponsored