First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM Power Wagon, 2022 Maverick XLT AWD RHCP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's fair and I'm glad it's working as intended on your build. I was merely suggesting a possible solution to what the other poster was dealing with.
I thought about the padding as well before mounting it, then I thought those two lugs should give me a lot of input from the firewall, lets hope I made a good decision. The wiring I felt I would hit it there all the time as Ford decided for some reason to put it close to the dead pedal.
Sponsored

lavaspill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just installed the Perimeter Plus on my Maverick. The hardest part was figuring where to mount it. I zip tied it to the bolts coming through the firewall. Open the box, take out contents, put in black jumper into the box, unhook cable from behind OBD port, plug in provided cable, plug cable into the Perimeter Plus, hook up LED if you ordered it and you are done. Five minutes and some contorting your body but easy. It was plug and play - to activate get in close door, turn key to run position allow everything to boot up, turn key off, you will hear the doors lock and the signal light indicators will flash a couple of times. You're good to go, get out and hit lock, unlock, and lock within five seconds and enjoy the vehicle coming to life.
Hardest part of the install is figuring out where to mount it I promise. From what I read it needs to be standing up if possible that is why I chose the two upper bolts coming through the firewall. I took two zip ties and put through the PP then took two and looped through those to secure around the bolts. It fit perfect between the two upper bolts and lays on the carpet padding/noise barrier that is right there. I just have to figure out what size drill bit it takes for the LED and figure out where to put it. But it works fine. I popped my door handle it set off the alarm, closed the tail gate it set off the alarm.
Edit - missed typing off in the last sentence
Where did you end up putting the LED?

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
haven't had time to put it in yet but planning on the flat surface part of the dash tray. I am trying to figure out how to make a smoked cover for it

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This was an easy install (I agree with the pretzel part and having to take breaks) - However, my horn keeps beeping (single beep) randomly. I'm wonder if it has to do with the random clicking of valves and relays on the Hybrid. Anyone else having this issue?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks again for the picture! I had to put a 3rd ziptie around the remaining bolt to keep mine 100% solid. I must just be getting old because I could not do all of this in one go, I had to come out and allow blood flow back to my brain for a few minutes before getting back under there.
The struggle is real. Same way for me....

Thanks for sharing your installation details. I'm going to do this as well!

Sponsored

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine installed. Remote start works like a champ. Did the door/ignition sequence all squared away. Confirmed that I do not have the dash option for the alarm. I can hit the window and get it to honk. I was hoping to have the alarm go off on ludicrous mode if someone backed into my truck or in a parking lot. Is that a different setting?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got mine installed. Remote start works like a champ. Did the door/ignition sequence all squared away. Confirmed that I do not have the dash option for the alarm. I can hit the window and get it to honk. I was hoping to have the alarm go off on ludicrous mode if someone backed into my truck or in a parking lot. Is that a different setting?
How did you confirm that? Forscan ?

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This was an easy install (I agree with the pretzel part and having to take breaks) - However, my horn keeps beeping (single beep) randomly. I'm wonder if it has to do with the random clicking of valves and relays on the Hybrid. Anyone else having this issue?
I have this happening too (now watching thread)

- and do I need to do anything to have it notify me of an alarm in the Ford Pass phone app?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have this happening too (now watching thread)

- and do I need to do anything to have it notify me of an alarm in the Ford Pass phone app?
further up, I think some said they had to dial back the sensitivity on the module...

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finaly got time to put the led in, decided on the column cover facing the window where the tilt lever is to the side. Ran wire straight down column to the PP box

Last edited:
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the detailed instructions. I have a Lariat with push button start... So, I'll need to read up to see how I put it in Aux mode without starting it. I'm installing it now.
Just don't press the brake when you push the start button.
Sponsored