Installing remote start on Maverick?

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I wanted to get the remote start off the FOB factory ordered m,y dealer told me I would have to get the LUX package (which I think is false) but told me I can have it added on at the dealer. So if you live in a major city with good cell service then the App is a good way to go?
Yes I would say if you can get 5G or 4G LTE you'll be fine. Its a little buggy sometimes but it'll work for you if you don't want to get the add on. Plus give it 6 months if you still don't like it they will have the modules on amazon for $50-75 and its plug and play.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes I would say if you can get 5G or 4G LTE you'll be fine. Its a little buggy sometimes but it'll work for you if you don't want to get the add on. Plus give it 6 months if you still don't like it they will have the modules on amazon for $50-75 and its plug and play.
Does the stock Key FOB have the capabilities of remote start once the Module has been installed or do you have to get a new Key FOB?

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Does the stock Key FOB have the capabilities of remote start once the Module has been installed or do you have to get a new Key FOB?
You can use the factory remote. There are two options. Hitting lock three times or lock, unlock, lock. The benefits of the second is the horn doesn't honk. If you hit lock three times it will honk. If you don't care it doesn't matter which one.

Here is a video on the F150.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You can use the factory remote. There are two options. Hitting lock three times or lock, unlock, lock. The benefits of the second is the horn doesn't honk. If you hit lock three times it will honk. If you don't care it doesn't matter which one.

If you use this mode you will need to set your climate the day before, so if you know it s going to be freezing in the morning before turning the truck off set the max heat so defrost is on.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you use this mode you will need to set your climate the day before, so if you know it s going to be freezing in the morning before turning the truck off set the max heat so defrost is on.
That shouldn't be an issue, living in PHX, this time of year my AC is always on.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, seems simple enough.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fortin Evo All will most likely support it once the Maverick has been out for awhile. I use it only my 15 escape you install with a plug in t harness and use factory remote or get extended range remote.
Sponsored