Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be towing my Hybrid on a tilt trailer and was looking under the truck tonight for rear tie-down attachment points to hold the Maverick down on the trailer. On my driver's side there is a triangular bracket that bolts in the unibody/frame area and hangs down about 8 inches. At the bottom of it is a hole that appears to have been used for a chain hook when the truck was transported, however that bracket on the passenger side is missing. It appears to have been there are some point as the threaded area in the unibody/frame is shiny suggesting a bolt was inserted then removed. Each bracket has a tab that inserts into a hole in the frame, then an additional hole that accepts a bolt. The bolt on each side is exactly adjacent (but separate from) where the brake line is attached to the frame.

Does anyone with a Hybrid have a bracket on the passenger side? Are all Mavericks the same and use the same brackets?

If someone has the bracket and bolt on the passenger side and would like to sell I'd be a buyer. Removal would take exactly 30 seconds, it's a single, totally accessible bolt.

I'll take a few pics in the AM...

thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here are some pics, the first (2) are the driver's side, note the large bracket. 3rd pic is passenger side, bracket missing... Red Arrows are the attachment points in picture 3

??

Ford Maverick Rear Under-bed  Attachment Point for Towing, Piece Needed KySMco

Ford Maverick Rear Under-bed  Attachment Point for Towing, Piece Needed wncn4V

Ford Maverick Rear Under-bed  Attachment Point for Towing, Piece Needed TsofP8

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford calls them transportation brackets. outside chance they have a part number

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While it may serve two purposes, someone else said the bracket on the driver's side is there to deflect a hot tailpipe away from the gas tank in a rear-end collision.

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think Ford calls them transportation brackets. outside chance they have a part number
The P/N for the bracket is NZ6BE403F26A FVNYA 268 Does not show up in GOOGLE

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The P/N for the bracket is NZ6BE403F26A FVNYA 268 Does not show up in GOOGLE
At work I order repair parts from a Ford dealer. Try the part number this way NZ6B-E403F26-A, which is how a Ford part number typically runs. The last set of letters and numbers (FVNYA 268) are not part of the actual part number.
Sponsored