Sponsored

Read the directions, stupid!(me, not you)

migraine

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on order Maverick, 2008 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, I've had my XL AWD for a year, only to find out that that some how, I missed the instructions that the steering column just not only goes up/down, but also pulls in/out.
I have knee and back issues so it's awkward to get in and out of.
Brother bought my unwanted Hybrid order and told me about this function...duh! I guess he reads/comprehends better than I.
Now, life is easier and my knees liking it, too.
-Brian
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford does the telescoping wheel right. Some automakers (Chevy) only offer the telescoping wheel on higher trims and other automakers (Toyota) make their already too close to the dash steering wheel only move closer to the dash itself.

I'm 6'1" and don't like to be crammed in there for my legs but some vehicles make it so I'm too far from the wheel and it causes me neck pain.

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, but I have been dumb and happy with my Maverick for 2 years. I haven't even moved the wheel up or down, much less telescoping. The only time I ever needed the up-down was on my 2004 Retrobird, where I had to adjust the steering wheel height so that I could see the dashboard gauges. In my 81 years, I have found that dumb and happy is very comfortable.

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, I've had my XL AWD for a year, only to find out that that some how, I missed the instructions that the steering column just not only goes up/down, but also pulls in/out.
I have knee and back issues so it's awkward to get in and out of.
Brother bought my unwanted Hybrid order and told me about this function...duh! I guess he reads/comprehends better than I.
Now, life is easier and my knees liking it, too.
-Brian
I don’t buy vehicles that don’t have that!

Fast Eddie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav AWD XLT. Iconic silver, hitch, dibl.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I must have short arms because I like the seat all the way back but wish the steering wheel would extend farther. I like to drive with my elbows on the console and armrest but can't quite do that in the mav.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has always been a pet peeve of mine that, in this day of computerized everything, you still can't enter your body dimensions into a car computer and have it automatically adjust seats and wheels to the ergonomically correct position for you. We have to guess. At least if they had this feature, we'd have a starting point that had some scientific validity. Then we could adjust from there.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It has always been a pet peeve of mine that, in this day of computerized everything, you still can't enter your body dimensions into a car computer and have it automatically adjust seats and wheels to the ergonomically correct position for you. We have to guess. At least if they had this feature, we'd have a starting point that had some scientific validity. Then we could adjust from there.
Yeah but my wife and I like the seat and wheel in almost the same spot. I'm 5 inches taller, we both adjust the sideview mirrors, I recline the seat just a bit compared to her, and that's it.
Sponsored