Sponsored

Rattling on dash...loose or cheap or other?

dgreenjets

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have almost 3k miles on my Lariat Hybrid. All has been great, but recently I have noticed on not so smooth roads that there is a rattling noise from somewhere in the dash. I can bang on the flat part of the dash with my fist and it definitely has some play to it. I don't know if it is loose, normal, or just a product of the cheaper materials. Has anyone else had anything similar? On a note it seems like if I had something heavy enough on it, it would stop.
Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Be careful, that is usually a prelude to a stress cracked windshield. Have service department check for bad windshield install.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed the a pillar on my XLT to run dash cam wiring after the install the rattling noise has disappeared.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
everyone has a rattly dash...mine is from the passenger side up next to the A pillar

Sponsored

Alloymaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt maverick VB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Knock on wood, mine has 7000 miles and not a single rattle.

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked mine up yesterday and it also have rattle noises infront of driver dash or somewhere along there. I know it's a cheap truck but my previous cheap car didn't rattle like this.

Sponsored

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that’s annoying.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
as someone that has pulled the dash part to chase down a rattle - i can tell you the issue is in design. there is plastic pieces attached to plastic supports with metal screws. heat cycling of the dash will induce expansions/contractions of the different plastics which - not having dampening fabric washers - is the main cause of the noise. that and its just cheap. my old honda element laughs at Ford in 200k miles with zero rattles.

There is little symmetry in the fasteners/clips/screws which leads to an issue of stacked tolerances which results in rattles. Also crappy plastic welding techniques in the door panels.

i know the truck is cheap - but just pass the buck onto us please.

"OMG making a solid dash assembly will cost another $30"

fine pass it onto us.

next lets talk about the abysmal quality LCD screen you use in the trucks.

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
as someone that has pulled the dash part to chase down a rattle - i can tell you the issue is in design. there is plastic pieces attached to plastic supports with metal screws. heat cycling of the dash will induce expansions/contractions of the different plastics which - not having dampening fabric washers - is the main cause of the noise. that and its just cheap. my old honda element laughs at Ford in 200k miles with zero rattles.

There is little symmetry in the fasteners/clips/screws which leads to an issue of stacked tolerances which results in rattles. Also crappy plastic welding techniques in the door panels.

i know the truck is cheap - but just pass the buck onto us please.

"OMG making a solid dash assembly will cost another $30"

fine pass it onto us.

next lets talk about the abysmal quality LCD screen you use in the trucks.
Can you help share how did you fix yours? I think this is the worst rattle issue I have encounter in all the cars I have owned.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
its a combo of two threads:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/center-dash-rattle-fix.16780/#post-322019

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...e-swap-into-maverick.9506/page-15#post-320867

the bolt/screw you're looking for is back in the dash - gotta get the gauge cluster out.

it sits behind the LCD touch screen.

imagine this - the dash upper needs support - so it attaches to a brace. i think its a 9/32 bolt. thing is - you cant see the bolt - you have to reach in and feel it. then find you a tiny 9/32 wrench and reach in and tighten it. i think the one behind the gauge cluster prolly needs tightening too.

if you want to know what you're looking for - pull the gauge cluster. dead middle (behind the cluster) is a bolt attaching the upper dash to a support bracket. now look inside the dash to the right for another bracket - but the screw is facing forward not toward you.
Sponsored