Sponsored

Deleted member 23340

If you know a reputable mechanic, they might be willing to do it.
I know that much, I was asking for a specific reference.. Like Ford body shop or somewhere specific
Sponsored

CyberMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The project came out great! I really like how it makes the truck look. Ford should just add this to the truck as OEM.

I had to get a new jack and stands. The jack I had was too short, and I didn't trust my old stands. No safety pin. I got the jack puck and jack stand cover for Amazon.

IMG_4758.jpg

Jacking the truck was no problem, I put the jack a little behind the jack cutout. No creaking or anything. Lot's of discussion on the forum about it. It was a non event.

IMG_4759.jpg

It was much easier to get to the front of the truck with the wheels off.

IMG_4760.jpg

Some basic instructions would have been helpful. I'm not much of a mechanic, but at least I'm organized. šŸ˜‚

IMG_4761.jpg

This mod really enhances the look of the truck. I put a dab of white lithium grease on the tab for the wings, and they slide right on. Pulling the old ones off were not a problem.

IMG_4770.jpg

Fake hood scoop is the next project. Maybe tomorrow.

IMG_4771.jpg
Looks great! The other day a rock smashed through my stock grill and now I am definitely considering this upgrade. But Iā€™ve heard of stories that when you screw on the letters that they almost go there them and you can see the indentations from the screws. Did you have any problems with this? If not, where did you purchase yours from?

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1994 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great! The other day a rock smashed through my stock grill and now I am definitely considering this upgrade. But Iā€™ve heard of stories that when you screw on the letters that they almost go there them and you can see the indentations from the screws. Did you have any problems with this? If not, where did you purchase yours from?
I did have that problem with one screw, but it was my fault. I put the wrong screw size in. You wouldnā€™t notice it unless you were looking. I didnā€™t have a problem after that. I got the grille from ebay.

CyberMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did have that problem with one screw, but it was my fault. I put the wrong screw size in. You wouldnā€™t notice it unless you were looking. I didnā€™t have a problem after that. I got the grille from ebay.
There are quite a few on eBay. Do you happen to have the link to the one you ordered?

Sponsored

MaVVy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mavvy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I joined the grill club. I Should have it installed this weekend. I suggest replacing the 24 screws and washers with #8, 5/8 sheetmetal screws, and 1/2" fender washers. The screws that come with the grill are too long and will poke out of the lettering, but use the short 6 short screws for the eye winglets. I just preassembled mine myself W/ LEDS. Here's the link I bought mine from. Comes with the LEDS $219.00 free shipping.

Ford Maverick Raptor style grill & lights installed on Maverick XLT IMG_20231018_204706

MaVVy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mavvy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I joined the grill club. I Should have it installed this weekend. I suggest replacing the 24 screws and washers with #8, 5/8 sheetmetal screws, and 1/2" fender washers. The screws that come with the grill are too long and will poke out of the lettering, but use the short 6 short screws for the eye winglets. I just preassembled mine myself W/ LEDS. Here's the link I bought mine from. Comes with the LEDS $219.00 free shipping.

IMG_20231018_204706.jpg
Update with video at night, lower LEDs I tapped into the upper turn signals. This is also with the lasfit switchbacks Installed. Some folks may not like it. Lower LEDs are white when turn signal isn't in use. Side markers are lasfit also. Price has dropped down to $200 now. Better buy. Definitely getting great compliments.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125900707096

Last edited:

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I watched a youtube video and I also saw that guy say he punched through the front with the screws. With that in mind, I "snugged" mine and did not have any unauthorized penetration :oops:

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone gotten this grille to work with the ACC on the Lariat? Or am I going to have to be the first one to hack it up and try and make it work? :LOL:

OP
OP
Baloo

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone gotten this grille to work with the ACC on the Lariat? Or am I going to have to be the first one to hack it up and try and make it work? :LOL:
I do not think you can hack it to make it work. I think you'd be wasting money even trying too.

Yes I am being the voice of reason.

Sponsored