Quiet HIgh Pitch Beep?

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Anyone else get a very quiet high pitch beep from somewhere around the dash? I usually hear it when the ICE engine kicks in. It lasts about 10 seconds. Sometimes seems to be random. Barely audible but happens all the time. Sometimes it’s a bit longer than 10 seconds and sometimes shorter.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

Sometimes I hear a sound that could be described as a "whine" or a very quiet slide whistle. It happens for me when the engine is running only to charge the hvb.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I think so. . . I have heard it a few times. Anyone know what it is about. Does not bother me.

OP
OP
CPrevost

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Yep. IT’s very quiet. I’m sure nothing is wrong as everything is operating as it should. I just can’t quite isolate what triggers it.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In today's world of acronyms, I believe the term for what you are hearing is ICE CUBE; that is the Internal Combustion Engine Cranking Up Before Electric. See page 354 of the user's manual. Sorry, I should not make fun of your noise, but I just couldn't help it. The Ford Motor Company devil made me do it!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear the AC condenser running in all electric usually at low speeds.

OP
OP
CPrevost

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Page 354 is about lug nuts.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Anyone else get a very quiet high pitch beep from somewhere around the dash? I usually hear it when the ICE engine kicks in. It lasts about 10 seconds. Sometimes seems to be random. Barely audible but happens all the time. Sometimes it’s a bit longer than 10 seconds and sometimes shorter.
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick's noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I was searching "maverick high pitch ringing at 35mph hybrid".

I'm sure it's nothing but I do notice with radio off and typically around 35-40mph. Very faint, sounds a lot like Tinnitus ringing in the ears but it's not that. I'm not too concerned but curious as well the source.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
(joke) It's the electric thingey that winds the clock.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also have occasionally noticed this very quiet beep. Seems to be coming from the driver's side dash area. It's extremely faint, and seems to be individual beeps rather than continuous ringing

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its your AC unit.. Try turning on your truck, turn on your AC, then step out, you will hear the high pitched noise im referring to.

OP
OP
CPrevost

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Yes, I was searching "maverick high pitch ringing at 35mph hybrid".

I'm sure it's nothing but I do notice with radio off and typically around 35-40mph. Very faint, sounds a lot like Tinnitus ringing in the ears but it's not that. I'm not too concerned but curious as well the source.
Yes, that’s exactly it. Wonder what it is?

Kyle55

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took delivery of my hybrid Maverick a week ago and noticed the same exact thing. A persistent 2 to 3 second faint beep. Sounds like tinnitus and is quite annoying. Comes every 10 to 20 seconds when driving.

Kyle55

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick's noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?
I have the same issue. Faint 2-3 second beep when driving. Every 15-20 seconds. Annoying as heck.
Sponsored