First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After my truck being delayed because of the mudflaps. I canceled them and when I got the truck bought weathertechs. Very happy. Amazing you can buy the Ford ones but put it on an order and you won't get your truck.
Sponsored

Jetlat7878$

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Blackout
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sitting on the fence,I have alway had them on previous trucks Just wondering with the Tremor if they are too low to the ground?
My guess is most Mav owners are not aware of the void behind the left rear tire that is open all the way to the left taillight. While replacing the stock bulbs to LEDs I noticed the void when I removed the taillights. I noticed road grime was running down the left side rear fender panel and wondered why. It became all clear when I removed the taillight, you can literally see all the way to the ground and tire once the taillight is removed. Not good since all that water and crud accumulates all inside the void and all over the wiring for the taillight. I used flashing to construct a cover that attaches to the underside of the void behind the tire. It is screwed in and glued so it is a great improvement preventing water etc from getting into the void. Next I installed Mabett mud flaps. They are flexible and not ridgid like the plastic type. Plus they are easy to clean. BTW i painted the panel I made black, you would not notice it if you didn't know it was hand made

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got the Mabett mud flaps. Don't cost a lot and they keep most of the crap off my camper.

Jetlat7878$

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Blackout
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My guess is most Mav owners are not aware of the void behind the left rear tire that is open all the way to the left taillight. While replacing the stock bulbs to LEDs I noticed the void when I removed the taillights. I noticed road grime was running down the left side rear fender panel and wondered why. It became all clear when I removed the taillight, you can literally see all the way to the ground and tire once the taillight is removed. Not good since all that water and crud accumulates all inside the void and all over the wiring for the taillight. I used flashing to construct a cover that attaches to the underside of the void behind the tire. It is screwed in and glued so it is a great improvement preventing water etc from getting into the void. Next I installed Mabett mud flaps. They are flexible and not ridgid like the plastic type. Plus they are easy to clean. BTW i painted the panel I made black, you would not notice it if you didn't know it was hand made
Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps IMG_1371

Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps IMG_1374

Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps IMG_1373

Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps IMG_1372

Sponsored

NiCkyGee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sitting on the fence,I have alway had them on previous trucks Just wondering with the Tremor if they are too low to the ground?
I have the Weatherteck on mine.
I have the WeatherTeck on mine. Have used them on multiple cars. Great quality and easy install.
Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps IMG_8587

Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps IMG_8586

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have rok blokz on my fx4(lower than your tremor) they offer the best coverage including the "void" behind the rear left tire. Overall I like the rok blokz and the protection they offer. But I would prefer if they were more flexible because they can get caught while off roading and I worry about them ripping off and causing damage.
Just an FYI on the void. I use waxoyl for the void. It was the greatest rust proofing you could find in the 70s when I was driving British cars on the salted roads of Buffalo, NY during my youth. The waxoyl and these mud flaps should rectify the engineering blunder.

Don's Maverick XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Corolla hatchback SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well if you're thinking of finder flares most don't work with mud flaps. I went with EGR rough finder flares they look better than mud flaps and I think they protect better. But $341.00 for set of 4 but makes a big difference to the looks of the truck

OP
OP

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL 24 Tremor on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After my truck being delayed because of the mudflaps. I canceled them and when I got the truck bought weathertechs. Very happy. Amazing you can buy the Ford ones but put it on an order and you won't get your truck.
Yeah crazy that's why I did not order them on my build.Lucky for me they are now available at the dealer

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone has their opinions, for me I don’t like them, takes away from an aggressive look to me. Follow your gut and you’ll be happy that’s all that counts

Sponsored
OP
OP

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well if you're thinking of finder flares most don't work with mud flaps. I went with EGR rough finder flares they look better than mud flaps and I think they protect better. But $341.00 for set of 4 but makes a big difference to the looks of the truck
Can you post a pic?

OP
OP

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone has their opinions, for me I don’t like them, takes away from an aggressive look to me. Follow your gut and you’ll be happy that’s all that counts
I agree on the looks but living North of you I am thinking protection of the paint

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the tried and true Muslogy decor flaps.

The OEM Ford flaps looked too big and square to my eyes.

The good thing is you now have a decent amount of flaps to choose from.

Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps Screenshot_20240309-072643~2

Ford Maverick Question should I install mud flaps Screenshot_20240309-072716~2

OP
OP

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the tried and true Muslogy decor flaps.

The OEM Ford flaps looked too big and square to my eyes.

The good thing is you now have a decent amount of flaps to choose from.

Screenshot_20240309-072643~2.png

Screenshot_20240309-072716~2.png
They look really good just like your dog