Sponsored

I have two Ford Mavericks, Lariat or Lariat Tremor. Which one should I keep.

shark777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just trying not to judge for ordering two. Makes us one maverick owners have wait longer. But that just might be me.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are absolutely right. I know which one I should get but also know which one I want. I need the towing as I found the perfect trailer so probably keeping the 4k. I did not know the tremor could not handle towing as much until after I ordered it.
That pretty much answers the question. Keep the one with 4K Towing, IMO

OP
OP

SLT0902

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
SANDIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK LARIAT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m just trying not to judge for ordering two. Makes us one maverick owners have wait longer. But that just might be me.
I ordered this before I had the first Maverick as it still had not been delivered. I was having issues with the first order and was told I had to order again which it what I did. Next thing I am told is my first one was getting built. The dealership said he was keeping the order no matter what I was decided about the tremor as it was the only one he got.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You seem to really want the Tremor. I received mine a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. If you have the time and know how my suggestion is to experiment and install a set of rear airbags in the rear coils. This should stiffen up the rear coils so that your tongue won't be dragging too low to the ground with a heaver load. I believe the Tremor has a softer rear spring rate. You might get and extra 1000 pound load capacity with the air bags however it still my not be enough for what ever you are towing. The only way is to try it and see for your self before you sell one of your mavericks. :giggle:
Ford Maverick I have two Ford Mavericks, Lariat or Lariat Tremor.  Which one should I keep. air b
Ford Maverick I have two Ford Mavericks, Lariat or Lariat Tremor.  Which one should I keep. Mav 1
Ford Maverick I have two Ford Mavericks, Lariat or Lariat Tremor.  Which one should I keep. Mav 1

shark777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered this before I had the first Maverick as it still had not been delivered. I was having issues with the first order and was told I had to order again which it what I did. Next thing I am told is my first one was getting built. The dealership said he was keeping the order no matter what I was decided about the tremor as it was the only one he got.
Oooh that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah I was feeling slightly old man grumpy. Please forgive me.

Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

SLT0902

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
SANDIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oooh that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah I was feeling slightly old man grumpy. Please forgive me.
Love your Tremor! We figured if we end up loving the Tremor, we can always pull a trailer behind the old Ford. Can I ask what kind of gas mileage you are getting on the Tremor. That is the other factor as I drive 2.5 hours to work.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not bragging if you can do it.

It seems that some are experiencing order envy, perhaps?
You're right - it's not bragging if you can do it. But when you bring attention to it via questions that no one can answer for you, it can sometimes seem like a subtle way of bragging.

As for order envy, I found and purchased my Maverick 3 hours after conducting my first search and didn't have to pay anything beyond MSRP. I think I can say definitively that I don't envy what so many have gone through with the order process.

Now I'll do what I should have done in the first place and just move along to the next thread without further comment.

OP, good luck with your decision.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Tremor is being shipped right now so I have to decide. My Lariat can tow 4k and has better mileage, but I love the Tremor. I do not like the gas mileage though on the Tremor as it is only 21 mpg. We were thinking of selling it ourselves but not sure it is worth the hassle.
Kind of cruel saying you have two when others have waited 500 days to get one.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before thread ends, you will get 28 opinions from 18 different experts. Your money - your choice. Three choices … both, one of the two, or neither one. Plain and simple . Problem solved. Next.
Hahaha. Have you every considered a career in counseling? :)

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Went through this myself when deciding whether to switch the hybrid order to the EB with 4k or Tremor. My saleslady never received the email to switch to a Tremor so I figured that was God's way of saying to stick to the 4k lol!

I love the looks of the Tremor and the off road capabilities, however slight, that go with them. But, the 4k towing will always be nice whether it be a larger "overland" trailer that can accommodate a SxS, a boat, or just about anything else. Especially as we get older and want things to be as easy as possible when we camp. Add in the fact that I already have chronic pain from multiple spinal cord injuries and I really shouldn't consider too much off road but rather soft road anyway lol! God was looking out for me.

• Love
Reactions: Dad

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No disrespect to the OP, but I'm starting to view these multiple-Maverick posts as a veiled form of bragging.
Which one should I keep?:
The Blue Bugatti or the Green Bugatti?

OP
OP

SLT0902

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
SANDIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went through this myself when deciding whether to switch the hybrid order to the EB with 4k or Tremor. My saleslady never received the email to switch to a Tremor so I figured that was God's way of saying to stick to the 4k lol!

I love the looks of the Tremor and the off road capabilities, however slight, that go with them. But, the 4k towing will always be nice whether it be a larger "overland" trailer that can accommodate a SxS, a boat, or just about anything else. Especially as we get older and want things to be as easy as possible when we camp. Add in the fact that I already have chronic pain from multiple spinal cord injuries and I really shouldn't consider too much off road but rather soft road anyway lol! God was looking out for me.
Thanks for your reply, it does help me to decide, what I have right now is best. My other thought for coming on this site was to see if there was someone, in the Seattle area, that might want this Tremor. Someone who is struggling to get a Tremor, but it seems I have rubbed people the wrong way.
Sponsored