Sponsored

Question about the numberpad on side of door...

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never owned a ford before, nor have I used the numberpad to get in a vehicle. I was curious if I was able to leave the key in the vehicle while the AC is running as I go into a store. I live in Florida so those 98 degree days are rough and would love the AC to stay on. I know I know.. first world probs

edit: Also, will it be an issue that it will be the lariat w/ push to start?
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can do it no problem as long as the keys are in the car. I think if you take the keys with you it will honk at you after you shut the door to alert that car is still on.

Press last Two buttons together to lock your doors 7-8 and 9-0

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Never owned a ford before, nor have I used the numberpad to get in a vehicle. I was curious if I was able to leave the key in the vehicle while the AC is running as I go into a store. I live in Florida so those 98 degree days are rough and would love the AC to stay on. I know I know.. first world probs

edit: Also, will it be an issue that it will be the lariat w/ push to start?
As I understand it, you should also be able to lock it, turn it off, then remote start it with the Ford Pass App, or use of your FOB on the Lariat

OP
OP
ThrowbacK

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you!

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can do it no problem as long as the keys are in the car. I think if you take the keys with you it will honk at you after you shut the door to alert that car is still on.

If you took the keys with you in the store, didnt lock it, left it on… is it correct that the truck wont change gear, it would turn off, if someone tried to get in and drive?

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you took the keys with you in the store, didnt lock it, left it on… is it correct that the truck wont change gear, it would turn off, if someone tried to get in and drive?
That one I don’t know. I assume you’re correct but can’t be sure. I had a 2014 F150 years ago and never tried to steal it from my self. Anyone else able to test it?

OP
OP
ThrowbacK

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure with the new turn shifter, but my wife's mazda cx-5 lets me do it no problem while she runs into the store. I can park it then put it in drive and pick her up without issue. Just don't turn the vehicle off, won't be able to start it until key is back within range

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what exactly has to happen (doors locked or unlocked) but F150s and Super Dutys have this feature, but it has to be turned on in the Forscan software.

It's called Police Mode/Secure Idle

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone familiar with this keypad system know if it can be disabled? Couldn't find any way in the Maverick manual. I can see the advantage for a work truck, you wouldn't have to give the worker a key, but I don't see the point for other uses. Doubt it would be a big security issue, I guess a thief would likely find it faster to smash a window or pick the simple wafer locks that all car manufactures use, but I suppose they might try the keypad too.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You dont leave the keys in thr car. You use remote start from the key itself or the Ford App.

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As I understand it, on my XL, the key pad on the door is just a basic FOB without a key, glued on the side of the door. That’s why the dealers just add it to the vehicle, when it arrives and can’t be factory ordered with it. Not sure about the Lariat, as the FOB is different and has additional features.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

so BOTH.....7-8 & 9-0?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so BOTH.....7-8 & 9-0?
yes, both at the same time will lock your doors. If you want to unlock all doors just press the 3-4 button after you type in your code.

edit. Just so you know each button has two digits.

Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the keyless entry pad on my Maverick, and on my Lincoln Mark LT, Explorers and Expeditions before them. I use it every day. And with the Keyless FOB, it's great to lock my doors on the keypad and never have to dig into my pockets for keys. I literally never touch my keys. They stay in my jacket pocket. Put on my jacket, walk out to truck. Never. Touch. Keys.

Ford Maverick Question about the numberpad on side of door... ef46bfd0-4b92-43ee-82aa-97a01e000f30_text
Sponsored