First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what is the little vent on the drivers side door frame of a ford maverick? does anyone know?
Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought it was a cosmetic, no function thing.

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A microphone for what? My iPhone has one that works great.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A microphone for what? My iPhone has one that works great.
When your phone is connected to the truck, it uses the small circular "vent" looking microphone for calls. It uses the same for when you do any verbal commands after pushing the little talk button. Like asking it to call someone or play a specific song or navigate to McDonald's or whatever. That way your phone can be in your pocket (if you have a wireless adapter like a lot of us do) or charging down under the dash where the USB ports are, etc....

The idea is the driver is usually the one talking, so a high mounted microphone closer to the drivers face makes sense.

Flip side is a lot of people have found the Ford microphone to be crap. So your phone mic might still be better. Haha.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When your phone is connected to the truck, it uses the small circular "vent" looking microphone for calls. It uses the same for when you do any verbal commands after pushing the little talk button. Like asking it to call someone or play a specific song or navigate to McDonald's or whatever. That way your phone can be in your pocket (if you have a wireless adapter like a lot of us do) or charging down under the dash where the USB ports are, etc....

The idea is the driver is usually the one talking, so a high mounted microphone closer to the drivers face makes sense.

Flip side is a lot of people have found the Ford microphone to be crap. So your phone mic might still be better. Haha.
Thanks for explaining all that. I didnt realize it had also those options/functions!
I have had my truck since April 2022 and just continued on using my phone sitting in the little tray just like I always had. I've connected not connected my phone to the truck because if I get a phone call that I don't want my Possible passenger to hear I have to leave it on unconnected. The speaker is real loud on my new iPhone 15 Pro, so I just continue to lay it on my lap on the dash or in the console area. It would be handy to use some of the options that you mention like, especially suggesting a song to play , but I don't know how complicated it will be for me to learn all that exclamation. Thank you very much for your reply. By the way, my manual is still in plastic bag---I havent as yet read it and everything seems to be learn as you go for me.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No I have talked into it and away from it and they can hear you better and clearer when you talk into it 😎🙉🔊
Some, of course are better than others but everything else being equal the closer and more directly you are facing it the better it will work.

Brianx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Eco Boost XL Cactus Gray, tow bar, Co-Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what is the little vent on the drivers side door frame of a ford maverick? does anyone know?
you didn't provide a picture but i'll bet it's like my gmc truck. it's to hold gas station discount cards (or whatever cards you want) it's handy and took me 5 years to realize it!
Sponsored