First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Hey, its me, your friendly Ford Corporate forum member. Send me your VIN and dealer info and I will be sure to explore your concern with the xxxxxx on your Maverick".
It's good to see that you are watching nipples for the club
Sponsored

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't want to scare you, but this was weird. With all this computer controlled equipment, there's going to be "glitches".

2022 XLT Hybrid

Pressed the keyfob once, unlocked driver's door only, opened door, chime was going off- the same chime that goes off when you try to exit with key still in ignition. Key is in hand. Chime continues until I start the truck. Ok, fine. Whatever.

3 minutes later, I am driving down a hill. I got a lazy streak. I pressed the L instead of brake pedal. Regen goes full horizontal. I get substantial slowing, but not enough so I press the brake pedal at the same time. Fine. All feel normal and as expected. But now I am slowing too much. So I release the L button. Back in D and in Normal mode. Regen needle goes to zero regen. I lose all braking. I don't feel any brake pads I am freewheeling for 1-2 seconds, accelerating, red light at bottom of hill. Not a big hill either. Like 5%. I had to press the brake pedal maybe half way to resume any slowing at all.
After I stop, I look at scan gauge. Battery was NOT full. After all the stopping, battery was at 56%. Battery was cool, 68°F.

Notice now my headlamps are on from reflections on car in front. Not DRL. Headlamps. Green icon on dash is on. It's 9am. Pretty bright out at 9am. No lamps on switch. And I can't turn them off until I reach destination and turn off the truck, and exit truck. Then they are off.

Headlamps on, no amber light.

2A67877B-603F-4A4D-87BD-5D611E1DC309.jpeg

Weird start to my day.
How do you check your battery percentage and temperature. I have had my truck since April and every day I flinging don’t know about it.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A month ago I had the random chimes and lights on with no amber indicator on the lamp switch, it happened 3 time in a single week and then hasn't happenned since. Each time I noticed, the light switch would go back to working properly after moving it 2 clicks in either direction.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every 3 months or so, after parking, switching the engine off and having the parking brake applied, my truck will blast the horn twice upon opening the drivers door for no apparent reason, and then I won't be able to replicate it again. When it happens it makes me worried some random bloke near will think I blew the horn on them lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At 1 year plus 1 week my keyfob wouldn't open the door. I clicked every button. Nada.

Used the numeric key pad to get in. Was fine next day.

jman6716

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had some oddities, too.

Every once in a while, I get a message on the dash that tells me to push the clutch in to start the vehicle. Sometimes the chimes come through the stereo speakers, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the radio works, sometimes it doesn't.

Nothing serious, but it's not exactly confidence-inspiring.

Just got this message this morning telling me to push in the clutch to start. I was already moving down my driveway when this flashed on the screen. Hope this is not the beginning of a problem. Have you received this message multiple times?

Dirt820

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got this message this morning telling me to push in the clutch to start. I was already moving down my driveway when this flashed on the screen. Hope this is not the beginning of a problem. Have you received this message multiple times?
Yeah, I’ve gotten it a couple of times. It’s always a brief message, but it’s either been a while since it’s happened, or it’s brief enough that I don’t notice it. Just a little quirk, not a big deal.
Sponsored