Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i also have a hybrid and my glitches are as follows:
speakers will randomly pop/music stops for a full second then continues on like nothing happened - this happens at least once per week

my chimes will vary in frequency - from seatbelt warning to door open warning there are random times the tone is different/louder/sounds muffled etc - I've had a fusion for 5 years and an escape for 4 so I am very familiar with the tone so I KNOW its different

and a 'quirk' is my seatbelt chime - it literally does not rest, there's maybe a .5 to 1 second pause between the beeps - it's not 3-5 seconds like others have reported/every other car lol

GPSMan - your headlamp on situation is weird - the amber light should always be on the selection shouldn't it? otherwise how would you know which mode you selected? did you have something on the dash covering the light sensor?
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if there is a way for normal people you see the data recorder in the vehicle. The one the insurance companies and police can view in case of a bad accident. It would show your brake pedal being on the floor and no braking. I don't think this is a normal item dealer scan tools see.

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had some oddities, too.
Every once in a while, I get a message on the dash that tells me to push the clutch in to start the vehicle.
I didn’t know that there was a standard transmission available on the Mavericks. Unicorn sighting!

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a lazy streak. I pressed the L instead of brake pedal. Weird start to my day.
Does PSA stand for Public Scaremongering Announcement in this case?

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have no "fear" driving my Maverick.
I'm just way more alert.

Constantly thinking "what will I do if...".

One thing I will do less of: pressing the L button, unless I really need it.

WildGrok

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't want to scare you, but this was weird. With all this computer controlled equipment, there's going to be "glitches".

2022 XLT Hybrid

Pressed the keyfob once, unlocked driver's door only, opened door, chime was going off- the same chime that goes off when you try to exit with key still in ignition. Key is in hand. Chime continues until I start the truck. Ok, fine. Whatever.

3 minutes later, I am driving down a hill. I got a lazy streak. I pressed the L instead of brake pedal. Regen goes full horizontal. I get substantial slowing, but not enough so I press the brake pedal at the same time. Fine. All feel normal and as expected. But now I am slowing too much. So I release the L button. Back in D and in Normal mode. Regen needle goes to zero regen. I lose all braking. I don't feel any brake pads I am freewheeling for 1-2 seconds, accelerating, red light at bottom of hill. Not a big hill either. Like 5%. I had to press the brake pedal maybe half way to resume any slowing at all.
After I stop, I look at scan gauge. Battery was NOT full. After all the stopping, battery was at 56%. Battery was cool, 68°F.

Notice now my headlamps are on from reflections on car in front. Not DRL. Headlamps. Green icon on dash is on. It's 9am. Pretty bright out at 9am. No lamps on switch. And I can't turn them off until I reach destination and turn off the truck, and exit truck. Then they are off.

Headlamps on, no amber light.

2A67877B-603F-4A4D-87BD-5D611E1DC309.jpeg

Weird start to my day.

Too late, this thread scared me already :-(
Now I need to find a way to "unread it" mooo

olman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Area 51 Eco AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a hypothetical question. If you’re going downhill and your brakes don’t work for whatever reason, what would happen if you pulled up on the parking brake lever ?
Would it lock the back wheels up or would it engage gradually? I’m guessing that pulling up on parking brake switch slowly wouldn’t modulate it, it’s probably just on or off.
At least back in the old days between the release handle and the foot peddle to engage parking brake you had a very minor amount of control.

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just a hypothetical question. If you’re going downhill and your brakes don’t work for whatever reason, what would happen if you pulled up on the parking brake lever ?
Would it lock the back wheels up or would it engage gradually? I’m guessing that pulling up on parking brake switch slowly wouldn’t modulate it, it’s probably just on or off.
At least back in the old days between the release handle and the foot peddle to engage parking brake you had a very minor amount of control.
Yup.

In hybrid it's all or nothing. Don't know about EB.

That said, the parking brake is meant to hold a stationary vehicle.... wait for it.... stationary.

I don't think it would lock up the wheels.

But, it's an interesting question.

Last edited:
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But, it's an interesting question: Is it even possible to actuate an electronically controlled parking brake while the vehicle is in motion?
Does nobody read their manual?

Electric Parking Brake - Applying the Electric Parking Brake in an Emergency
APPLYING THE ELECTRIC PARKING BRAKE IN AN EMERGENCY

You can use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle in an emergency.
Pull the switch up and hold it.
The red warning lamp illuminates, a tone sounds and the stoplamps turn on when you use the electric parking brake in an emergency.
The electric parking brake continues to slow your vehicle down unless you release the switch.
Note: Do not apply the electric parking brake when your vehicle is moving, except in an emergency. If you repeatedly use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle, you could cause damage to the brake system.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hmm, I don't think that was in my very early version. 🥹

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm, I don't think that was in my very early version. 🥹
Oh? See the highlight at the bottom then double check yours...

Ford Maverick PSA: I don't want to scare you, but... 1695243704734

Bobbyleep3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny you posted this today. I'm driving away from my grocery store and the clock is 5 hours off. I look again a minute later and it is showing the correct hour. Didn't touch anything.
Being in Asheville might explain that😜