First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been waiting for my Maverick since I ordered it in September 22. I finally got tired of waiting so I went to another dealer to order one there this Monday. Well Friday I get a letter from Ford saying that my Maverick that I ordered from the new dealer is going to be built in May and they gave me a VIN number. Now I'm happy for that but they have been building the one that I ordered in September 22. Just doesn't make sense
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your original dealer probably did not have any.....(wait for it).....allocations. Even though it doesn't seem so critical this year, if the dealer does not have an allocation available, then your Maverick won't get built untii it does.
Edit: just realized you said Sept '22 not '23. Sounds like there could be a problem with the rollover procedure. Won't you lose your Private Offer at a different dealer?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Potatman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It just blows my mind how you can order one in 22 and not get it and then order one in 24 and get a bill date within 4 days

OP
OP

Potatman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new dealer that I went to was able to pull up my private offer and he told me that it was based on the customer not the original order that was placed at a different dealer. He said it would carry over as long as I bought what I had originally ordered which I did.

Sponsored

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool. Ya I think some got lost in the wash. They also said they would build in order of orders placed. My friend and I ordered exactly the same truck. I ordered months before him. His was built first.

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new dealer that I went to was able to pull up my private offer and he told me that it was based on the customer not the original order that was placed at a different dealer. He said it would carry over as long as I bought what I had originally ordered which I did.
Yea you would be one of the last of the two year carry-overs. The bright side is that unless your dealer really messed up you should have a multi-thousand dollar transitional private offer available to use to reduce your sticker price. It’s transferable to a different maverick from the one you last ordered with that dealer as well.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is so awesome... over past 18 months many of us have read horror stories here about folks not getting a fair shake from dealers. It is so nice to see the 2nd dealer was competent and willing to help! When you get the truck from them, make sure to sing their praises here in the threads for Good dealers!

Reactions: HTX

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...I'm happy for that but they have been building the one that I ordered in September 22. Just doesn't make sense
Makes perfect sense. If the first dealer used up their Maverick allocations, your truck will not get built from your order with them. Many dealers won't tell you this, in hopes you'll hang on forever, or give up and buy a refused order they get, if it's somewhat similar to what you wanted.

Newtruck West Coast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been waiting for my Maverick since I ordered it in September 22. I finally got tired of waiting so I went to another dealer to order one there this Monday. Well Friday I get a letter from Ford saying that my Maverick that I ordered from the new dealer is going to be built in May and they gave me a VIN number. Now I'm happy for that but they have been building the one that I ordered in September 22. Just doesn't make sense
Your lucky it only took this long... I ordered mine in September 2021 for a 2022 model and got a 2023 594 days later. I did get the rollover offer

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORD = Ford Ordering is Really Depressing.
Sponsored