First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4 2.0 awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4 alerts stating powertrain malfunction/ power decreased. The first travelling 65 mph on I 90 south, loss of power and the square alert shows. 3 more times on the way home. 2022 fx4 xlt, 2.0 l turbo 4k tow package. 11575 miles I had the automatic restart button activated for the entire trip from sw pa to Salamanca NY and then to erie and back to Pa. 4 times the alert presented itself, once at the highway speed and then 3 more times at slower speeds on the way home. I am calling the dealer in about 20 minutes for the follow up. I do Not feel safe driving this vehicle at this point. Traveling at 65 mph and experience a loss of power and acceleration has a tremendous effect on your soul and a realization that my grandbaby was in danger, let us hope the ford dealer is receptive to my mood and complies with my concerns. I loved this truck, owned fords all my life, but this happening has me rethinking 50 years of loyalty at the drop of the hat. I have and had 2 recalls on this truck, which I hope can also be addressed.
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So sorry for your problem.

I'm 70s years old and have owned vehicles from many brands - Ford, GM, VW, Kia, Subaru and others. If a brand makes a vehicle that suits my needs at the time, I look at it, research it and often buy it. If it no longer suits my needs or if it starts to give me problems, I get rid of it. I've never been blindly loyal to any brand and have never understood how someone could even do that. Seems silly to me.

If I was in your situation, I would have second thoughts about keeping a vehicle that did something similar. I'd probably give Ford a chance to fix the issue, but not more than once.

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4 alerts stating powertrain malfunction/ power decreased. The first travelling 65 mph on I 90 south, loss of power and the square alert shows. 3 more times on the way home. 2022 fx4 xlt, 2.0 l turbo 4k tow package. 11575 miles I had the automatic restart button activated for the entire trip from sw pa to Salamanca NY and then to erie and back to Pa. 4 times the alert presented itself, once at the highway speed and then 3 more times at slower speeds on the way home. I am calling the dealer in about 20 minutes for the follow up. I do Not feel safe driving this vehicle at this point. Traveling at 65 mph and experience a loss of power and acceleration has a tremendous effect on your soul and a realization that my grandbaby was in danger, let us hope the ford dealer is receptive to my mood and complies with my concerns. I loved this truck, owned fords all my life, but this happening has me rethinking 50 years of loyalty at the drop of the hat. I have and had 2 recalls on this truck, which I hope can also be addressed.
Have you had ANY recalls / service done recently by the dealer ?
Reason I ask is because a lot of people are having somewhat similar issues after getting some software updates at the dealer.

If not, then you'd be one of the first /few with issues such as that one on an ecoboost.

OP
OP

chuck k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, i had the taillight recall fixed about a month before this happened and currently they are fixing the module recall. I dropped it off this morning and told them to return it when they can guarantee that it will never happen again. I will give them a fair chance to fix this problem because I really enjoy this vehicle, but a recurrence of that incident at that speed will not be tolerated and will result in me taking drastic measures if my or my grandbabies live is ever endangered ,knowingly, again.

OP
OP

chuck k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So sorry for your problem.

I'm 70s years old and have owned vehicles from many brands - Ford, GM, VW, Kia, Subaru and others. If a brand makes a vehicle that suits my needs at the time, I look at it, research it and often buy it. If it no longer suits my needs or if it starts to give me problems, I get rid of it. I've never been blindly loyal to any brand and have never understood how someone could even do that. Seems silly to me.

If I was in your situation, I would have second thoughts about keeping a vehicle that did something similar. I'd probably give Ford a chance to fix the issue, but not more than once.

Sponsored

OP
OP

chuck k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I prefer Fords but have owned other brands with all of the flaws of each brand. I have owned a lot of vehicles and when I am off road I would feel most comfortable in a Ford. However, going 65mph on I90 south and losing power is as close to an unforgiveable sin as there can be. They get one chance to impress me with their service and if they don't deliver, it will be war. word!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hey there, Chuck! Can you please send me a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this powertrain malfunction concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, i had the taillight recall fixed about a month before this happened and currently they are fixing the module recall. I dropped it off this morning and told them to return it when they can guarantee that it will never happen again. I will give them a fair chance to fix this problem because I really enjoy this vehicle, but a recurrence of that incident at that speed will not be tolerated and will result in me taking drastic measures if my or my grandbabies live is ever endangered ,knowingly, again.
If I remember correctly they recently recalled a recall (?) because it was causing issues with trucks that had it done. This could be related.

OP
OP

chuck k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost