Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
They're made by www.consolevault.com so you can see them
Thanks for the info, given this review: I am glad to have passed on it.
For those not put off by the review, it is good to know it is also available aftermarket and user installable.

my first concern was the exposed hinge pin, but it seems the lock itself is the weak link.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those not put off by the review, it is good to know it is also available aftermarket and user installable.

my first concern was the exposed hinge pin, but it seems the lock itself is the weak link.
Looks like this vault is really only good to prevent a smash and grab! The vault certainly doesn't hold up when the thief has the luxury of time to work on getting into the vault. I wonder how old this video is and if ConsoleVault has made any improvements to the lock.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Looks like this vault is really only good to prevent a smash and grab! The vault certainly doesn't hold up when the thief has the luxury of time to work on getting into the vault. I wonder how old this video is and if ConsoleVault has made any improvements to the lock.
it’s not new, but I don’t see any substantial manufacturing changes in the 3 years since production. It is no abloy certainly but I would at least expect internal hinges. (Dang it I don’t have the time to add another project to the drafting table) I would go with an abloy, welded internal gas assisted hinges and 6 gauge welded steel, but … nobody asked me.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB

Yes, it definitely isn't going to keep a determined thief out of it, but I don't plan on keeping valuables in it, exposed, overnight. Just to keep when I go into a store' restaurant, or checking into a hotel or the like, when I can't legally have it in my hip. Thanks for posting the video though. We could possibly find a better after-market lock for it.

BostonTruck

First Name
RH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I called Ford Marketing to get an update, CSR verified all info and asked for order code. After that stated that my order was in 'processing' should be scheduled in a week or 2. Stated that 2 items that are impacting scheduling currently are rapid red color and drop in bedliner

Hope folks find this helpful

Sponsored

todzilla- -

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Congrats y’all. Mine probably won’t be scheduled for maybe another month (just guessing), didn’t order mine til July 10 😭😭

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called Ford Marketing to get an update, CSR verified all info and asked for order code. After that stated that my order was in 'processing' should be scheduled in a week or 2. Stated that 2 items that are impacting scheduling currently are rapid red color and drop in bedliner

Hope folks find this helpful
This info seems to conflict with other dealers information. Others are saying mud flaps, tonneau covers, spray in liner for FWD, etc...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This info seems to conflict with other dealers information. Others are saying mud flaps, tonneau covers, spray in liner for FWD, etc...
Reading all the different post on what people are being told by their dealers as to what is holding up a build, it's beginning to sound like any add-on item will hold up an order except the rear window. Also, I get that not every color is going to be build during the first week or two, but I'm hoping that the second round there will be some CG, Black, White, even CO colors being scheduled. I'm ok with getting my truck in Oct or Nov, but I certainly hope it won't be Dec or later!

lingle98

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 2016 Dodge Dart SXT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all, I have not yet received the email from Ford, but my dealer sent me a pic of my order showing it's VIN assigned and a scheduled week of 9/13. I ordered and have the order email on 6/22. My order is a Cactus Gray XLT 2.0T AWD with lux pkg, copilot 360, FX4, and 4k towing. I also added the full size spare. It feels real now, kinda scary as it's my first new vehicle purchase at only 22(23 this mo.) years old. Good luck to all!

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey all, I have not yet received the email from Ford, but my dealer sent me a pic of my order showing it's VIN assigned and a scheduled week of 9/13. I ordered and have the order email on 6/22. My order is a Cactus Gray XLT 2.0T AWD with lux pkg, copilot 360, FX4, and 4k towing. I also added the full size spare. It feels real now, kinda scary as it's my first new vehicle purchase at only 22(23 this mo.) years old. Good luck to all!
Essentially same build here. Did they change the language in the configurator recently? I ordered on 7/9 and do not recall it saying that the full size spare was included with Lux and 360 only for the HYBRID. I didn't add it as a stand alone option bc I am 99% sure it was listed as included in 1 or both of those packages for the 2.0.

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Essentially same build here. Did they change the language in the configurator recently? I ordered on 7/9 and do not recall it saying that the full size spare was included with Lux and 360 only for the HYBRID. I didn't add it as a stand alone option bc I am 99% sure it was listed as included in 1 or both of those packages for the 2.0.
So this is basically the same build as me as well, with a couple of exceptions. No 360 and I did not order full size spare as a stand-alone. My dealer stated at time of order their interpretation is that full size spare came with Lux. They said if the truck shows up and it doesn’t have it, they will include one at no extra cost. (Was sure to get that in writing, as well!). Side note, ordered 7/10 and was scheduled last week for week of 9/13.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So this is basically the same build as me as well, with a couple of exceptions. No 360 and I did not order full size spare as a stand-alone. My dealer stated at time of order their interpretation is that full size spare came with Lux. They said if the truck shows up and it doesn’t have it, they will include one at no extra cost. (Was sure to get that in writing, as well!). Side note, ordered 7/10 and was scheduled last week for week of 9/13.
Yeah I reloaded the online configurator after switching the engine and AWD choices and now the language is correct and includes the full size spare in those packages for the 2.0 XLT. The online tools are definitely wonky for this whole process

Got my VIN from my dealer today and am also scheduled for 9/13. As someone said, this was apparently the lottery winning build for the first scheduling block!

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Checked with my dealer for an update after last Thursday and they got back to me today. Salesman thinks they scheduled my build even though I haven't gotten an email from Ford. No more details than that though so I'll remain skeptical until I see an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.