Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I happened to drop in to my dealer on June 30, and we decided to remove all my constraints and I received updated order form out of WBDO. All previous pricing for the truck: XL w/ecoboost, AWD and 4k tow is the same. I'm looking at old order sheet and my new 1 and see Price level changed from 220 to 230 even though no increase shown on order and dealer rep didn't catch it either. I'm thinking this means I'm price protected ;)
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not expect the hybrid base price will remain below the EB at any trim level. Too much demand and it was about the only vehicle I can think of where the hybrid was cheaper than the basic ICE. Add about another five percent raise for model trim base, and then who knows on options or option packages that will have constraints........

OP
OP
Alj23

Alj23

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota 4Runner
Not a single car manufacture pegs their price to inflation. The whole point of the Maverick is to compete with entry level sedans. I don't see a giant price increase.
I really hope you're right. One of, if not the biggest upsides for me with the Maverick is the price point. And it really sucks dealers have been marking them up as much as they have. I got a voicemail from a dealer in Georgia yesterday who said their dealership didn't have any new Mavericks that an orderer backed out of, but they had gone out and bought a Maverick (?), and that if I was interested, it was an xlt, AWD, magnetic gray, and they had it listed right under 42k. Insane.

OP
OP
Alj23

Alj23

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota 4Runner
I happened to drop in to my dealer on June 30, and we decided to remove all my constraints and I received updated order form out of WBDO. All previous pricing for the truck: XL w/ecoboost, AWD and 4k tow is the same. I'm looking at old order sheet and my new 1 and see Price level changed from 220 to 230 even though no increase shown on order and dealer rep didn't catch it either. I'm thinking this means I'm price protected ;)
I think my only saving grace to hopefully get a 2023 Maverick quickly and not outrageously expensive is I don't think I'll have many constraints. Just the hybrid of course. Whatever the price point is for the 2023 ecoboost might sway me, but the MPG of the hybrid is just so appealing considering I drive a fair amount for work, in the city, where the hybrid shines..

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not a single car manufacture pegs their price to inflation. The whole point of the Maverick is to compete with entry level sedans. I don't see a giant price increase.
The price of everything, from every manufacture is going to go up, the price of raw materials is skyrocketing (faster than inflation on many common items like food and gas). So Ford has two choices, take the loss, which isn't likely, or increase the price and at least try maintain a profit margin on new vehicles. Ford's CEO's job is to make money for shareholders first and foremost, everything else is just a bonus.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It isn't designed to do the job for you but to help prevent accidents from things you just miss. Even relying on it would get you in trouble.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They all went up 1k across the board on July 1st. I don’t see that going away. Maybe another $500 for 2023 MSRP and 10-30 percent more for add ons as well.

Still a deal but creeping up in price and not getting better features hurts it.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't they just jack the price up on the Lariat by a grand on 1 July? Did not hear about increases on XL and XLT. What was that all about? They are not accepting orders for MY22 and the orders that are in "should" be price protected so this increase should be more centric toward MY23 I be thinking. There I go, thinking again.
We have already been told that they will not be price protected. A private offer will be substituted. Probable a few trinkets for the fits system.
Sponsored