First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had numerous callers tell me it's hard to hear me due to wind noise when I'm driving over 80 kms/hour while using the maverick Bluetooth audio. (That's with windows fully closed!) Anyone else getting that? Is there a setting or quick fix?
Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We here in America don’t know what 80kms/hr is in mph. Suppose we good Google the conversion. Seriously I’ve had no complaints. Don’t use it all that often. I do have the soundshield windshield and added sound deadening to the interior. I do like how the vehicle automatically slows ac fan when on a call.

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use BT every day (I have my Mav for 6 weeks) and haven't had an issue with it....

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No issues with mine either.

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had mone for 6 mos, XLT. I've had a few times where there have been complaints about the noise, but that was usually at 60mph+ (80kph?) with strong crosswinds. Usually at highway speeds (60 to 80 mph), no complaints.

Sponsored

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
80KPH X .62 = ~49.6MPH or, easier to do in your head, 8 X 6.2 = ~49.6 not exact but very close.

Actual is 49.7097MPH

I have nothing to add concerning the audio quality I just couldn't take the math guessing.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am not sure that it's due to bluetooth. I am always connected wired in my Mav and numerous people have commented that the audio is crappy. I have thought about having my wife get in the truck and call me to see for myself, but honestly, I've never had anyone mention the handsfree call quality in any other vehicle I've driven. I'm guessing it's a crappy OEM mic and/or crappy location.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just throwing in my experience too. XL, one week old, can NOT have a conversation over about 20 MPH and even sitting still people comment that it sounds like I'm talking inside a wind tunnel. HVAC fan on 1 (lowest setting), no wind outside, vehicle in park.

Lots of other threads and complaints on poor Bluetooth mic transmission. Hey @Ford Motor Company , is there a plan to resolve this? Some of us find that it's literally unusable. I'm in my vehicle about six hours a day and every time I make or receive a call I have to manually switch to use my handset.

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It might just a Ford thing. I know a guy that knows a guy that said when his truck in inside a pool, it's literally impossible to get good sound quality during a call. They really need to address this issue!

Ford Maverick Poor bluetooth call quality Truck in Pool

Fiver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had a couple of call quality complaints at highway speeds....I only drive on the highway, so no idea if it's speed dependent or not

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine is literally unusable unless I'm stopped. Even then, the mic quality is so poor that I have to take the caller off BT so they can understand what I'm saying. Far too much background noise.
Sponsored