Sponsored

Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe)

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Much to my surprise the white Lariat Hybrid I ordered arrived. It is just the Lariat with hitch and moonroof , with a removable bed liner and Tonneau cover. Lacks many of the features I would have wanted with the XLT luxury package and wanted a different color (Hot Pepper Red or Dk. Blue). Any white Lariat owners care to chime in? Anything specific I need to look for during the test drive / negotiation process? Here is a link to the vehicle. https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mav...8169&year=2022&ownerPACode=02707&Dealer=02707 I am getting cold feet, but I know that dealers are getting well above sticker and sort of feel obligated. I believe my deposit is refundable if all else fails. Any constructive commentary greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Much to my surprise the white Lariat Hybrid I ordered arrived. It is just the Lariat with hitch and moonroof , with a removable bed liner and Tonneau cover. Lacks many of the features I would have wanted with the XLT luxury package and wanted a different color (Hot Pepper Red or Dk. Blue). Any white Lariat owners care to chime in? Anything specific I need to look for during the test drive / negotiation process? Here is a link to the vehicle. https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mav...8169&year=2022&ownerPACode=02707&Dealer=02707 I am getting cold feet, but I know that dealers are getting well above sticker and sort of feel obligated. I believe my deposit is refundable if all else fails. Any constructive commentary greatly appreciated.
Would you take delivery from the dealer and sell it to me?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks beautiful!

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hi,

Why did you put white on your order if you don't like white/like other colors better?

Normally, I don't like white pickup trucks only b/c they look automatically look like you are driving a fleet vehicle for your construction job.
However, there are a bunch of threads on here, where people have customized their white trucks and they look pretty darn sharp!
You can always take delivery and sell it. The markup is insane. Here's a sample near me. https://www.sheehyfordashland.com/i...ick-lariat-awd-4d-crew-cab-3fttw8f98nra22223/

You might even ask the dealer you ordered it from if they want to buy it from you. Maybe they can work out a deal to just give you some cash and you can avoid paying for registration and sales tax? I'm not saying that will work. But, it * might * be another option.
Clearly either you or they can sell it for some easy money.

Or, you have a buyer right here in this thread!

The last thing I would do, is not get it. Check out how people have added a few accessories and really dressed up those white Mavericks! I hope you are happy with your decision either way.

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No buyer for it. I didnt order it. The dealer had it available so I put a deposit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it's all mine. The only thing that seemed odd to me was that it had 55 miles on it and supposedly just landed. I hope they weren't joy riding it. Is this typical for the hybrid models? Also they said Wheel locks were mandatory. I guess there is a lot of theft.

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221254_HDR

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221409_HDR

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221408_HDR

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221408

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221408a

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221409b_HDR

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221409a_HDR

Ford Maverick Picking up White Lariat Hybrid tomorrow (maybe) 0108221409

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Just picked-up nearly the identical truck today. VIN ends in 944, not 952. Going to ditch the lousy Primacy tires and sell them. They suck in bad weather. Unfortunate for a $200+ tire. It got up to 40 deg today so I gave her some Meg's ceramic wax to resist the ******* salt on the roads. There's more plastic on this truck than your average Hollywood star's face. Mine had 71 miles on it. Would be nice to know what the heck they were doing with it. No issues with it but drove it all of 30 miles so far. It's cold so the MPG's will suck compared to more temperate conditions. I have two more to-be-built but that probably won't happen for 3-4 months, maybe more. Will flip it at that time........each time.......and re-sell this one. I paid no tax on this one and NC only has a 3% highway use tax so I should be able to make at least $5000 off each one. If I can get the wife interested in one, maybe we'll keep two.

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't so lucky. 6% sales tax sucks! Yes. The tires are crappy and wimpy. Very odd choice.

Geeman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on the hybrid! Looks similar to what I ordered 9/30. All I have so far is my order # and hope.