First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the eco with fx4. Does eco mode really make a difference? I have the cable to enable with forscan but just want to make sure it’s worth it. Thanks
Sponsored

Kwanzaa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
No
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Ecoboost XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i haven't noticed any difference personally compared to 'normal' driving mode and driving conservatively.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like you could be the test subject. Record your mileage for 1K miles and then install the eco mode and compare the next 1K miles??? What I guess I am saying is that it is really only possible to answer your question by someone with fX4 who has done it. Not sure how many have done it. Anyone who has done it and noticed any difference???

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have it on my FX4 but I drive like a granny anyway so, based on what it is supposed to do, I don't think it will make a difference for me.

My son was with me when I turned on Eco and Sport modes. He was impressed with Sport mode and said he doubts he would ever use a different mode. I'm gonna disable Sport mode...

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a FX4 and used Forscan last year to add sport and eco modes to mine.

It’s definitely worth adding eco in my opinion. It takes a bit of the initial throttle tip in twitchiness out and smooths out throttle response. Makes some in slow town driving a bit easier and I like it on long highway drives especially in the rain where I don’t need the aggressiveness that normal mode tends to have on the throttle at times.

I think it gained me maybe an extra MPG as well.

The only time I would not recommend eco mode is in aggressive traffic. There is a bit of lag from a start and if you were driving in normal and then went to eco, the person behind you might not expect it. It’s that noticeable of a difference.

Also, add sport mode while you are at it. I don’t use it much because I have a fast car for a daily and I tend to drive the Maverick easy in comparison to that but if you need quick acceleration and shifting for a tough situation or even for fun, it’s worth it. I can say I don’t like sport mode on the highway because it holds gears for too long when passing in my opinion but off-highway, it scoots for sure.

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

It’s definitely worth adding eco in my opinion. It takes a bit of the initial throttle tip in twitchiness out and smooths out throttle response. Makes some in slow town driving a bit easier and I like it on long highway drives especially in the rain where I don’t need the aggressiveness that normal mode tends to have on the throttle at times.

The only time I would not recommend eco mode is in aggressive traffic. There is a bit of lag from a start and if you were driving in normal and then went to eco, the person behind you might not expect it. It’s that noticeable of a difference.

Also, add sport mode while you are at it. I don’t use it much because I have a fast car for a daily and I tend to drive the Maverick easy in comparison to that but if you need quick acceleration and shifting for a tough situation or even for fun, it’s worth it. I can say I don’t like sport mode on the highway because it holds gears for too long when passing in my opinion but off-highway, it scoots for sure.
Have you noticed any difference in engine RPM between eco and normal mode, while at a steady cruise speed of 65 to 70 MPH?

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you noticed any difference in engine RPM between eco and normal mode, while at a steady cruise speed of 65 to 70 MPH?
That I have not paid attention to for eco mode in particular but I’ll take a look as I have a highway trip coming up this weekend. Also for cruise control, it’s more relaxed in eco mode to maintain speed but at times on steep grades may be a bit lazy.

Sport mode definitely impacts cruising RPM, I think it sat 500rpm or so higher at all times from what I remember the last time I used it on the highway.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My opinion is that eco mode in my EB AWD makes the gas pedal less responsive (i.e. you need to push it down further for the same result) and shift points are at lower rpms. Probably helps if you normally drive with a lead foot and make quick starts from stop signs and lights. If you drive easy like me, it probably doesn't make any difference.

OP
OP

Antwc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ok well I will give it a try. Thanks

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not know where you can find the data but I would expect somewhere there should be good estimates of eco impact on gas mileage. Perhaps Ford has it because why else program the mode if there is no benefit? I have been using eco the last two months but I do not have data to compare similar driving during the same winter weather in 2021 since I bought the vehicle at the end of DEC 2021.
Eco mode forces the truck to respond in a much, much, more lethargic way so I hope the benefit is worth it. I have been averaging about 26 MPG in 4K EB over recent months, NOV-DEC, 50/50 city/highway. Last year in JAN-FEB, I was hitting lows of 23 MPG overall in normal mode in our Northeast WI weather (cold trust me). So maybe a 2 MPG improvement wild @$$ guess since NOV-DEC is significantly warmer on average. If I don't stay above 25 MPG in JAN I am going to switch back to Normal mode because less that a 2 MPG improvement isn't worth the lethargic throttle response of Eco.
Sport is significantly faster throttle response and pick-up. I assume there has to be an appreciable decrease in MPG to match/provide so I rarely use sport... fun if you don't care about MPG.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have the FX4, but in eco mode the main difference is lazier throttle response, rpms at highway speed are no different, when going up hills, (not steep ones) it will allow the vehicle to drop one mile per hour & picks it up at the top, I also have a 1 mile long hill that I go up with the cruise set at 40, in normal mode it will downshift once, in eco mode it will not, keeping rpms down. I'm guessing that it's only one mpg at best. Currently my mpg average for the last 4600 miles has been 30.8 on the meter, my particular one reads only .7 high compared to hand calculating. Is it worth it, maybe unless you have to give up another mode that you like to enable it. I use eco whenever I remember to engage it, but not in town or heavy traffic.
Sponsored