2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My concern wouldnt be the wait time but $46000 for an XLT!
Each trim starts at a higher price in Canada, this is in the Canada sub form after all. Priced out the listed options on Ford.ca with freight, levy and taxes included, and came to that number.

Before taxes, freight and levy the base EB XLT starts at $31,300 Cdn in Canada. $3,100 for Lux package, $800 for 4k tow, $1,100 for FX4, $1.5k for hard tri-fold, $1,100 for moonroof, $1995 for freight and levy, taxes (it's 13% HST in Quebec IIRC + AC tax $100). Sounds about right.

A loaded Lariat in Canada comes out well over $50k if you think that's bad.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
New to the site and must say first and foremost that I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and their opinions.
But getting to the point of why I'm writing today.
I ordered my Maverick back in October...the 13th to be exact.
Ordered the XLT. Added FX4 package, Luxury Package as well as the towing package.
Got the trifold tonneau cover, and the sunroof too.
All for the lovely sum of 46000.00
(Rough amount as I don't have the exact figures with me right now.)
We are currently January 6.
No emails from ford...
Anyone else have this issue of extremely long waiting periods with dealers?
Welcome to the wait. Afterwards, you will be a patient.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My concern wouldnt be the wait time but $46000 for an XLT!
$46,000 CAD is approximately $36,000 USD at current exchange rates ($1.00 CAD ~= $0.78 USD).

XLT 2.0L EB AWD
Luxury Package
FX4 package
4k tow package
Hard-fold tonneau
Moon roof

currently clocks in at $33,360 USD in the US. So it's a bit higher in Canada even adjusted for inflation, but not as bad as it seems.

Mr.T

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
$46,000 CAD is approximately $36,000 USD at current exchange rates ($1.00 CAD ~= $0.78 USD).

XLT 2.0L EB AWD
Luxury Package
FX4 package
4k tow package
Hard-fold tonneau
Moon roof

currently clocks in at $33,360 USD in the US. So it's a bit higher in Canada even adjusted for inflation, but not as bad as it seems.
I stand corrected, wasnt aware we were talking Canadian dollars.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My purchase agreement was June 24th, confirmed in with Ford Canada on July 4th. My understanding is that in Canada you don't get any communication direct from Ford, and have to check with your dealer as to status. My order was a pretty basic XL, the holdup has been the spray in liner, a production constraint since day 1.
I've been sending an email to my sales guy about once a month for a status update... every time its been no change. Hoping for some good news in the next round of production scheduling!
How did you get if confirmed by Ford Canada??

Sponsored

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you get if confirmed by Ford Canada??
Confirmed via my dealer. After we wrote up the sales purchase agreement, he contacted me confirmed (verbally) that it was accepted by Ford Canada. The next step was to have a VIN assigned once it was scheduled into production.... which has not yet happened. 🤨

Benc3aptos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
June 16th order, Hybrid Lux XLT, still no build date. Just keep waiting......

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
New to the site and must say first and foremost that I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and their opinions.
Ordered the XLT. Added FX4 package, Luxury Package as well as the towing package.
No emails from ford...
Haven't received a response from Ford since my order on June 29th. I've contacted Ford Marketing to get my order confirmation and to get updates monthly. Their number (I don't think it matters for US or Canada) is 1-800-334-4375. You will need your order code and sales code from your dealer.

Spiffster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Old and toxic?
It was merely a question.
Did somebody not take his happy pills today?
This is why forums exist. Plenty of people replied to this post and I found it informative considering I placed my order on Oct 3rd. Not in any hurry just wanted to get an idea of where I stand. I have an XLT Hybrid with the SIBL so seems like I should relax and get comfortable for a while. :D

JMEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid, '06 Volvo V70 AWD, '90 CR-X SiR
It's a waiting game for sure, but it's worth it in the end.

There were times when my anxiety and trust issues with dealerships were getting to me but I stuck it out. Some will have to wait longer for their truck than others, I don't know what Ford goes through to prioritize one versus the other.

I ordered in early August and picked it up Wednesday. My guess is sheer luck or I chose a magic combination of options to get it this quick. To top it off it was placed on order with Ford a Friday the 13th... So don't worry!

Sponsored

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: This just in from my dealer, re: my June 30 order for a Lariat Hybrid: "It was shown to be built 1/4. It has been released to body company which does final quality control and then it will be taken to the railyard where it will get loaded onto a train to come here. It should be about 3 weeks."

And then I just got the official email from Ford this evening, saying it indeed has been built and is undergoing QC checks. It estimates delivery in the first week of February. Again, we'll see if that pans out...

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Update: This just in from my dealer, re: my June 30 order for a Lariat Hybrid: "It was shown to be built 1/4. It has been released to body company which does final quality control and then it will be taken to the railyard where it will get loaded onto a train to come here. It should be about 3 weeks."
So 6 months seems to be the usual wait time

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Hi all,
No emails from ford...
Mike, that seems like a ton of money to me. Did dealer mark up your vehicle? I got an XLT in Hot Pepper Red, Ecoboost, AWD, FX4 co pilot 360, lux package sliding window roll up tonneau cover, moonroof, alloy wheels with Falken Wildpeaks and full size spare for 35,000. Including delivery charge . Got 4% under dealer invoice also. Better check your DORA something very fishy with those numbers if just an XLT.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mike, that seems like a ton of money to me. Did dealer mark up your vehicle? I got an XLT in Hot Pepper Red, Ecoboost, AWD, FX4 co pilot 360, lux package sliding window roll up tonneau cover, moonroof, alloy wheels with Falken Wildpeaks and full size spare for 35,000. Including delivery charge . Got 4% under dealer invoice also. Better check your DORA something very fishy with those numbers if just an XLT.
Canada.

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered hybrid xlt with the lux package hot pepper red all in just under $41,000. That includes 12% for taxes.
Sponsored