Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
let us know what is was please
The service manager said it was the window switch panel on the driver side door.. That it had a short and that it looked like it had liquid poured inside that made it short out... He knows when I got the truck cuz 6 days after purchase had a flat tire that couldn't be fixed... told him I was the only one that has driven his truck since I purchased it in the beginning of February and nobody spilled any liquid all over the door and that I've read posts on the Forum people having the same issue with the same door window he said it's the first one he's fixed and that's just what it looked like to him
Two days after I pick the truck back up the Ford customer service agent that was given my information from the ford account on here reaching out.. reached back out with an email to ask if I was satisfied with the repair in the email I told him what the service manager thought it looked like and that I'd seen other stuff on the form here the same thing and the response email after that which I wasn't bitching you know or complaining
sh1t happens. I get it.. but she said that they would like to offer me a Ford maintenance package a 3-year package oil changes tire rotation inspection for my trouble for free I thank them I'm assuming it's probably just like three oil changes but hey it's nice
Sponsored

acutturi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL 2.5L Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have this same issue now on my 2023 XL. Rolled down both back windows upon starting to cool the car off and the rear passenger window never rolled back up. Nothing but rain here this week too. I hear the clicking in the rear door switch so it is getting power. Disconnected the driver's door switch to see if I could rewire but I am clueless and don't want to make it worse. I just want to get the window up so I can drive it! How are you guys running 12v power to the rear switch to put the window up?

OP
OP

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have this same issue now on my 2023 XL. Rolled down both back windows upon starting to cool the car off and the rear passenger window never rolled back up. Nothing but rain here this week too. I hear the clicking in the rear door switch so it is getting power. Disconnected the driver's door switch to see if I could rewire but I am clueless and don't want to make it worse. I just want to get the window up so I can drive it! How are you guys running 12v power to the rear switch to put the window up?
I just parked in the garage sat night ( cuz they were calling for rain Sunday and Monday) till I took it in to the dealership Tues morning.. They called Tuesday morning around 9am and said they would have the part the next day... Then they open at 8am and on wend at around 815am they called to say it was done...

Lando

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This happened to me today! Rolled down the windows to clear out the hot air and all but the rear passenger came back up. Called around to four different dealers, all but one said "well we're booked until Monday of next week and then we'll probably have to order the part" oh and no loaner vehicles available. The fourth said drop it off first thing in the morning and we might be able to look at.
Sounds like @Ford Motor Company may need to do a recall for this issue.

2023 XLT Hybrid 5.6k miles on it and it's already having issues. I just got my first service reminder email!

Glad I waited over a year for this truck. 🙄 (I seriously do love it, but this is making me nervous about my trucks longevity.)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
This happened to me today! Rolled down the windows to clear out the hot air and all but the rear passenger came back up. Called around to four different dealers, all but one said "well we're booked until Monday of next week and then we'll probably have to order the part" oh and no loaner vehicles available. The fourth said drop it off first thing in the morning and we might be able to look at.
Sounds like @Ford Motor Company may need to do a recall for this issue.

2023 XLT Hybrid 5.6k miles on it and it's already having issues. I just got my first service reminder email!

Glad I waited over a year for this truck. 🙄 (I seriously do love it, but this is making me nervous about my trucks longevity.)
Hi there! This rear passenger window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

GoodVibes05

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Vibe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company this just happened to me today as well.
Back right window went down and wouldn't go back up. Dealer was able to get the window up at least while we wait for the part to come in.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Back right window went down and wouldn't go back up. Dealer was able to get the window up at least while we wait for the part to come in.
Hi there! I can look into your maverick's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your maverick's VIN?

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had the same problem last week. After reading threads on the sight its the master switch on the drivers door . I told the service manager that when I went on to the dealer and after 2 hours thats what they did to fix it lucky they had the part . Its a known defect .

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well now that's troubling. I had assumed (insert joke) that Ford had addressed this switch problem.
Please tell me yours was a very early 2023.
:(
Sponsored