Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Are you buying one from Chapman ? Have you ever bought from them or know anyone that has ? I am buying from Tom and I just want to make sure they are honest people to deal with. Ever heard any bad things about Chapman Ford ?
I'm buying from Ed at Chapman in Philly.

You have nothing to worry about. My first time headed up there and I was wowed by the service
Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the picture of it next to the Accord, it helps picture the size better. I am a big guy 6'1" 280lbs and I judge room by being able to sit behind myself since I regularly have adults in the back seat for a couple of hours at a time. I am very hopeful that I will like the Maverick because this is exactly what I was hoping for a small/midsize hybrid truck.... I have thought if my Rogue (or Escape/CR-V/RAV4, etc) just had a bed, all other dimensions are good for me. It disappoints me that the hybrid loses an inch of legroom (in my mind, ideal would be 38-40 inches) in the rear but I am hoping it will surprise me.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the picture of it next to the Accord, it helps picture the size better. I am a big guy 6'1" 280lbs and I judge room by being able to sit behind myself since I regularly have adults in the back seat for a couple of hours at a time. I am very hopeful that I will like the Maverick because this is exactly what I was hoping for a small/midsize hybrid truck.... I have thought if my Rogue (or Escape/CR-V/RAV4, etc) just had a bed, all other dimensions are good for me. It disappoints me that the hybrid loses an inch of legroom (in my mind, ideal would be 38-40 inches) in the rear but I am hoping it will surprise me.
The back seat is very comfortable. Not as big as the Honda but still very comfortable. The back seat pics of this truck don't do it justice

GregS

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline
I stopped at the employee training up by me. Everyone wad surprised how big it was me included.

Some Q&A:

I sat in it today and you won't have a problem

There is nothing cheap about it.

What blew my mind the most was the backseat I'll hardly use lol. Pretty big. Pictures dont do it justice

You couldn't t even tell it was running too.
Very quiet.
Too me it's the best bang for the buck out there. Can't beat the price point

I actually thought it would have been smaller from what I saw in pictures too.

Without driving it I'd give it an 9 out of 10.

Wish the bed was wider.

We didn't get to drive it. Just with engine at idle

I don't see what's not to like. It's a more than functional everyday car.

I was pleasantly surprised and wish I left with it instead of the honda

Bang for the buck you can't beat it

PXL_20210806_142205681.jpg
OXFORD White Maverick XLT Pickup 1.jpg
OXFORD White Maverick XLT Pickup 2.jpg
OXFORD White Maverick XLT Pickup 3.jpg
OXFORD White Maverick XLT Pickup 4.jpg

PXL_20210806_141626469.jpg
Interior of OXFORD White Maverick XLT Pickup 1.jpg.jpg

Admin addundum:

Another view - against Ranger and F-150

Ford Maverick Oxford White Maverick XLT pics & impressions from employee training {filename}
Forgive my ignorance, but in the interior shot above, on the left, just visible below the steering wheel, what is the small box with the + and - symbols and the two slide levers?

Sponsored

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forgive my ignorance, but in the interior shot above, on the left, just visible below the steering wheel, what is the small box with the + and - symbols and the two slide levers?
Trailer Brake Controller

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stopped at the employee training up by me. Everyone wad surprised how big it was me included.

Some Q&A:

What blew my mind the most was the backseat I'll hardly use lol. Pretty big. Pictures dont do it justice

Very quiet.

Wish the bed was wider.

Ford Maverick Oxford White Maverick XLT pics & impressions from employee training {filename}

Admin addundum:

Thanks for all the pictures! The pics next to your Honda were nice for size perspective and makes me like the Mav even more. The pic of the 3 truck together really brought out something I was suspecting, but wasn't sure until now. The hood length on the Mav is a lot shorter than Ranger and F150! Not that it's an issue just something I was trying to put my finger on about the differences between the 3 trucks and now I know what it is! Maverick is still a great looking truck and I can't wait to get mine!!

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question since I have the same year Honda Accord sedan also. How close are they in size? Thanks in advance.
In the front seat it feels like the same amount of room. Overall length is similar but the Mav has 10 inches in it but doesn't feel like it.

The backseat in the Mav is way roomy but not as ouch as the accord. I was very shocked how big the backseat is in mav.

I feel 100 percent confident driving my daughter and her friends in it in terms of interior room.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Some Q&A:

Very quiet.

Wish the bed was wider.

Admin addundum:

Ford Maverick Oxford White Maverick XLT pics & impressions from employee training d-white-2022-maverick-size-vs-ranger-and-f-150-
Thank you for posting. I ordered an Oxford white XLT hybrid. These pictures make me feel confident in that choice. It contrasts the black parts of the truck nicely. It just looks... Right. Ox. White FTW.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for posting. I ordered an Oxford white XLT hybrid. These pictures make me feel confident in that choice. It contrasts the black parts of the truck nicely. It just looks... Right. Ox. White FTW.
Yeah looks pretty nice in white. I was surprised

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm mainly going white for practicality, but I also didn't like the way any of the other colors looked compared to the plastic bits (bumper, grill, etc.). The only other one I could get behind was the hot pepper, but I don't want a red car. While a red car might go faster, it also attracts more police attention. 🤣😉

32Again

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford Pickup
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
White is Right with Chapman Ford in Scottsdale!

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in an area where we get lots of hot weather. One of my vehicles is white and the other is black. The white really cuts down on the sun light heat and when detailed it looks just as good as the black vehicle. One of the keys that I'm sure most folks know is keep the door jambs clean or wiped down especially on white vehicles. Gives the vehicle a lasting new appearance.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in an area where we get lots of hot weather. One of my vehicles is white and the other is black. The white really cuts down on the sun light heat and when detailed it looks just as good as the black vehicle. One of the keys that I'm sure most folks know is keep the door jambs clean or wiped down especially on white vehicles. Gives the vehicle a lasting new appearance.
My only gripe with white (aka winter camo) is that for 6 months out of the year where I live, is blends perfectly into the road. My last explorer was white, and even with DRLs I had several close calls where people obviously didn't see me.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only gripe with white (aka winter camo) is that for 6 months out of the year where I live, is blends perfectly into the road. My last explorer was white, and even with DRLs I had several close calls where people obviously didn't see me.
You have white roads?!? ;) (Texas here, thinking "what's snow")

Makes perfect sense to me.
Sponsored