Sponsored

Others with Hybrid engine: Can you please tell me where this part belongs to?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not only about this one single part. It is about the quality control of Ford in general. I mean this part was just hanging in there without any fixation, even though I don't know anything about this engine, this was the first thing I saw within 5 second as I opened the hood. When things obvious like that are not checked, imagine how it must be with things which are hidden somewehere and essential for the function or/and longevity of the truck. Another example of bad quality is the part I marked in the picture. I know about it because while I was looking for the spot for the initial connector we discussed about, I noticed how loose this part is. First of all it is taped with some sort of tape which doesn't belong in an engine bay, it is already coming completely off. I marked the tap with an x. Secondly it is so loose that I am questioning how it is supposed to survivor several thousand miles. Anyway, I decided to stop looking into the engine, it will make me more frustrated and will take away from the joy of this truck.

IMG_7831.jpg
Here is my picture of the item in question.

There is no tape.

I can wiggle it a little but it doesn't appear to be loose or in any danger of falling off.

Ford Maverick Others with Hybrid engine: Can you please tell me where this part belongs to? No Tape.JPG
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Fellas with Hybrid engine: I just got my truck yesterday and really love it. There are few small things I reported about in a separate thread. There is one thing I would like to fix myself without going to the dealership. Can you please take a picture from your engine and see where this loose part belongs to (see picture below) this green connector with its cable is floating around without any fixation and I would like to tie it to the place where it belongs too. Thank you in advance!

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg
Hi. In this video go to the 6:15 mark in the video and he says what that green part is. If it is in a precarious position it can be zip tied to the big cable next to it but is for disconnecting the hybrid battery. The place it is in the video is where it is in my vehicle as well.
2022 Ford MAVERICK HYBRID Bottom View - YouTube
Sponsored