medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 6' 2" and 185. Been driving a Honda Civic for years. Im looking forward to the extra room from the Maverick!! Having a sliding moonroof makes it feel bigger.

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My biggest worry is interior size. I'm a big guy, 6'3" 275 lbs, although it's funny which cars fit me and which cars don't. One of the best cars in terms of driver fit was a friggin' Nissan Versa, of all things. So I did a little chart that compared the interior dimensions compared to a Honda CR-V, a Subaru CrossTrek and a Toyota Tacoma crew-cab, which I was considering before the Maverick. It looks like I need not worry, as the CrossTrek is the only vehicle I've owned in years where I have to pull the seat up from full-ways back. Rear legroom is no worse than the CrossTrek, which is OK, and a lot better than the crap interior of the Tacoma.

So, big and tall lads (and ladies!) don't fear.

Comparisons with other vehicles welcome.

1623677189334.png
It's almost exactly the same as a bronco sport with exception of headroom. Maverick is shorter:
Headroom With moonroof / without: (Mav then Sport) 40.3/38 vs 41.5 / 39.1
Leg Room: 42.8 vs 42.4
Hip room: 55.4 vs 55.2
Shoulder: 57.3 vs 57.3
Go sit in a bronco sport with a moon roof and you'll feel what a Maverick would be without it.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Ford Maverick Ordering without a test drive: Interior Space / Dimensions CCE91F56-1842-4C07-AD48-CC1828C55DEC

rounding. It’s virtually the same. Bronco sport has 1” more headroom. Everything else is virtually identical. The Maverick is a Bronco sport with a bed

Sponsored

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Scroll to 2:10 for perspective from 6’3’’ Jeff Glucker @ autotrader

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm holding out until they hit the dealers before I make my judgement on the size of the Maverick. I am sure that it will be a bit better than my Tacoma, but I'm not sure about the back seat. I checked out a Bronco Sport and it felt chopped off in the back. Ideally, I would have to have about 2-3 inches more legroom in the back over the Bronco Sport.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I'm holding out until they hit the dealers before I make my judgement on the size of the Maverick. I am sure that it will be a bit better than my Tacoma, but I'm not sure about the back seat. I checked out a Bronco Sport and it felt chopped off in the back. Ideally, I would have to have about 2-3 inches more legroom in the back over the Bronco Sport.
Same feeling, I sat in one, turned around to look backwards, and got a feeling the car ended right behind me...

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 6'3, 220 lbs and also currently drive a Miata. Not worried about fitting in the Maverick. ;)
One of my favorite videos of one of my favorite people

I'm not a huge guy (6'1" 170-210 depending on what I am training for at the time), but my wife often talks about watching me "unfold myself" out of my car (a 3-door Hyundai hatchback) right before we met. She thought it was funny and gave her an icebreaker to come introduce herself. The Maverick should have at least as much interior room as anything else I've ever owned (corolla, civic, nissan single-cab pickup, the hyundai, jetta).
Sponsored