• Total voters

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since dealer stock Mavericks are rare to find to test drive wondering how many ordered on faith. Although now there are a lot of reviews about the truck the early orders were real pioneers.
Too many stories here of people treating car buying like "try before you buy" at Amazon. Order 6 different configuration with no intent of buying them. Maybe purchase one, maybe not.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Since dealer stock Mavericks are rare to find to test drive wondering how many ordered on faith. Although now there are a lot of reviews about the truck the early orders were real pioneers.
I was able to test a "something else" hybrid in mid '21 then I ordered a hybrid Maverick. I remember the salesman put his hands on the dash in preparation for a hard stop. I ordered a hybrid and it didn't come in till early '23.

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at the dealer for my gazzilionth "maintenance for life" free oil change on my 2012 Focus (200K miles) and saw a Mav with the Hybrid logo. Did a Tim Allen "Aaaaaarrrgghh, I gotta have one of those!". This was June or July of 22'.

Did some research but never drove one and ordered in Sept. of 22' when order banks opened. First time I touched a Mav was Aug. of 23' when I picked mine up.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
I don't own one yet and I have sat in one but I haven't driven one. To each their own, but I cannot imagine buying something that cost $30,000 and I'm probably going to keep for years without test driving it first.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graboid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sprinter 4x4, 2009 Honda Element, 2004 Audi A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When the upcoming Maverick first started showing up in the press, I dismissed it as a stupid truck (2wd hybrid 🤨) with a stupid name (Maverick is a car dammit! 😠). Fast forward to 2023 and saw one on a road trip along the Oregon coast, and was intrigued.

Researched the crap out of it, and concluded:
- Had to have the Tremor
- Color must be Terrain (to match our van)
- It was going to be light years better than my much loved 1985 Mazda single-cab

Placed an order on the day the 2024 banks opened, with sketchy cell coverage from the parking lot of one of the geysers at Yellowstone. Took delivery February 5th and drove it for the first time that day. Have been totally loving it ever since.

Her is a picture of "Junior" with big sister. It's still the only Tremor I've seen in person 👍.

Ford Maverick Did you test drive a Maverick before ordering 20240218_141528

RobbieAG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL EB AWD 4k Tow CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to test drive both a hybrid and EB AWD before I ordered. I wouldn't have ordered otherwise. This was mid 2023 and I ordered a 2024 a couple months later. Of course I had to pretend that I was interested in buying them before letting them know that there was no way I was going to pay 6-10k over list price :D

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Terrain Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nearly a year ago a nearby dealer had one with crazy high ADM. They did permit me to sit in it. Thought it was very similar to my 2012 Escape. I plan to take a test drive before signing the papers.

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't own one yet and I have satin one but I haven't driven one. To each their own, but I cannot imagine buying something that cost $30,000 and I'm probably going to keep for years without test driving it first.
There were no Mavericks built when I ordered. If I wanted one, I had to order. Leap of faith. Glad I did.
:)

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was not looking for a truck just something new and under 50k CAD. I was about to leave when the sales man at the last dearship of the day said have you looked at the Maverick? He had a Plain Jane Ecoboost with a trifold hard tonneau. I think it was a company truck. I sat in it and liked what I saw. He told me he had an XLT with many of the options I wanted coming that was dropped by the person who ordered it. Unfortunately I hesitated a little too long and it was sold. I was not overly fond of the colour (white) and it was not as loaded as I wanted. I have had my truck for 2 weeks now and I could not be happier about the ride.

Bnnbrooks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No didn’t even test drove it just drove it off the lot after purchasing it love it
Sponsored