First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THIS........ Why does every post like this act like they've given ford the full purchase price. At best the DEALER has a deposit. Side note, given all the complaints from people waiting for trucks, the threads on actual issues when trucks arrive should be interesting.
It’s a little thing called good faith! Our country used to run on it. Now apparently it means zero. That’s why every post looks like they’ve given Ford for for for purchase price. People expected their trucks to be built. They didn’t expect to be jacked around. And they probably made plans for the summer. Or whatever. Don’t act like Ford motor Company is a victim
Sponsored

OP
OP
Airgage

Airgage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
September, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that early. Ford is just now scheduling builds from June and July and the first two weeks of August. It also depends on what you ordered and what options with it. Just sit back and relax like everyone else, you'll get your notices.
I don’t think everyone else is all that relaxed lol they just want their truck

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an xlt hybrid lux on July 21. Do not yet have a production date. My dealer was very truthful when I ordered and said that, based on the Bronco experience, delivery might take a year or more. I’m not totally surprised that he was right. I’m a little upset that Ford hasn’t followed through with their claim that oldest orders were given priority despite dealer allocations. Understand constraints and all that, just sucks to read on this site of identical much later orders having already been delivered.
Nevertheless, these are unusual times for manufacturers and consumers. In “normal “ times, similar issues would definitely result in a change of loyalty away from Ford ( or any other manufacturer for that matter)

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK it’s now June 19, 2022! No build date. No truck. Did you get yours?
I finally took delivery at the end of January 2022 with an order date of June 2021. Truck wasn't built until December 2021 after production date being bumped twice and finally a chip hold.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think everyone else is all that relaxed lol they just want their truck
I knew before I even placed my order that there was a parts supply chain issue as well as a chip supply issue and that it wouldn't be a "normal" delivery time period. With that in mind, I still placed my order and then just sat back and waited knowing that eventually I would get my Maverick. This wasn't my first rodeo with waiting for a vehicle since it took a year to get my Bronco.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Airgage

Airgage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talk to your dealer. You should have received an order confirmation email from Ford.

And keep in mind, if you ordered a vehicle from other manufacturers, they wouldn’t be giving you updates like Ford is doing with Maverick owners.
You would just be at the mercy of whatever your dealer salesperson tells you.
July 19, 2022 still nothing. They have my order they have asked me to takeoff all the good stuff. I’m not doing it! I see others are being built right now and they ordered after me. I talked to my salesman and he says it’s just as frustrating for them and to just wait. I guess that’s all I can do? I remember when President Trump was in office, he said we need to have our own computer chip Company in the United States 🇺🇸. He also bagged the Ford motor company not to go to Mexico. He sure was right about a lot of stuff! Now look at us🤨 Does anybody remember the days when buying a car was fun?

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
July 19, 2022 still nothing. They have my order they have asked me to takeoff all the good stuff. I’m not doing it! I see others are being built right now and they ordered after me. I talked to my salesman and he says it’s just as frustrating for them and to just wait. I guess that’s all I can do? I remember when President Trump was in office, he said we need to have our own computer chip Company in the United States 🇺🇸. He also bagged the Ford motor company not to go to Mexico. He sure was right about a lot of stuff! Now look at us🤨 Does anybody remember the days when buying a car was fun?
July 19 wow, you must have some serious accessories.

Yosemite_Lariat

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4
FWIW I ordered on 9/3/21 and just got my truck on 7/9/22. Turbo Lariat Luxury FX4 with all the goodies (CHIPS). The only communication I ever got was a confirmation of my order # and "clean" status from the dealer and then the VIN# about 6 weeks prior to delivery. I never got an email from Ford of any kind or was asked to remove any of the options I ordered. Because of all the options I ordered I expected to get pushed to MY23 but then I got a text message out of the blue that my truck has arrived at the dealer so I guess the message is keep the faith.

Side note: faith that it will get built anyway, not faith in the dealer to honor their word regarding pricing. My dealer also told me as I waited that they wouldn't be jacking up the price for special orders and then tried to hit me with an $8k markup, but that's another topic. 😡

Danline

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
FWIW I ordered on 9/3/21 and just got my truck on 7/9/22. Turbo Lariat Luxury FX4 with all the goodies (CHIPS). The only communication I ever got was a confirmation of my order # and "clean" status from the dealer and then the VIN# about 6 weeks prior to delivery. I never got an email from Ford of any kind or was asked to remove any of the options I ordered. Because of all the options I ordered I expected to get pushed to MY23 but then I got a text message out of the blue that my truck has arrived at the dealer so I guess the message is keep the faith.

Side note: faith that it will get built anyway, not faith in the dealer to honor their word regarding pricing. My dealer also told me as I waited that they wouldn't be jacking up the price for special orders and then tried to hit me with an $8k markup, but that's another topic. 😡
Which dealer did you order from?

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're taking a somewhat complex issue - one that involves multiple industries needing microchips, not just the automotive sector - and saying that it could be fixed by having a plant, or plants, in the U.S. I'm sorry, but that's not going to fix it. Most every industry runs on a just-in-time production model; no one's really stockpiling years of chips (or nails, tires, usb-c cables, etc...), outside Toyota having a decent amount that they luckily (intelligently?) foresaw the need to keep on hand. JIT ordering can obviously have (now readily apparent) issues that come up when the supply chain takes a hit. Something, by the way, that has nothing to do with where chips are produced.

Another issue complicating things is that automotive manufacturers stopped ordering semi-conductor chips when they slowed production during the start of the pandemic, so the chip makers focused on their newer chips for other industries. Automotive chips rely on old tech; which I get, they need to be reliable and the industry trusts in what they've been using, but chips just keep getting smaller and more advanced and automotive makers are now finding themselves the victim of an issue of their own making.

Ford launched a truck in the middle of all of these problems, so they should definitely shoulder some of the blame. I think they over promised and under delivered for sure, and then managed to compound that with hybrid EPA testing hold-ups, gas tank holes, and now possible fire/explosion problems in the 2.5's; not to mention that they don't seem to be striking back at the shady dealers that are marking up orders/actively screwing customers out of their orders they waited months for.

Listen, this is really a once in a lifetime (hopefully) series of issues that effected the global economy. Ideally companies will learn from this and make strides to ensure this doesn't happen again. And look, I'm all for bringing manufacturing back to America, but don't think that having a factory down the block from you would've changed anything. If Ford didn't order or stockpile chips for a rainy day, then they're not going to magically get them. Even if they owned the plant that manufactured the chips, the odds are good that they would've cut production, and staffing, immensely anyway, and you'd still have to get them ramped back up to full production.

Also, Ford should 100% take the blame for people ordering in January getting a build date in February. I totally understand grouping builds together, but you'd hope it's more of a FIFO scenario and not Dealer A has 10 allotments and we're building the CG XL's this week so let's fill 8 of them, even though 6 of those orders are a couple weeks old. I also realize my take is very shortsighted and more goes into it than that, but still. Hell, I waited 7 months to the day for my order to come in and I know how hard/long that was. Couldn't imagine 12+ months of waiting and not even knowing if it was getting built or pushed to MY23 and having to reorder.

Lastly, car buying has never been fun for the vast majority of people. Maybe a sadist here and there enjoys it, but overall people hate it.

Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's literally every business. Businesses only want to spend what they have to, especially when they have shareholders to answer to.

And every single automotive manufacturer has had issues with getting parts and chips. Every. One. GM was shipping without chips for seat warmers, Tesla without USB ports, BMW without touchscreens, etc...

Again, automotive companies relied on outdated tech, because they trusted it and felt it was proven technology. That decision came back to bite them in this instance.
Sponsored