Sponsored

Order previewed. Odds of it being built?

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm only going off of what they're stating to dealers, but if you want to believe otherwise, go right ahead.
You are believing something that a car salesman told you?
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You are believing something that a car salesman told you?
These are internal dealer communications from Ford Corporate sent out to dealers. This is not the same as believing the word of a dealer that "everything's okay, bro".

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ranger is 6-bolt pattern, Maverick is 5-bolt pattern. Not the same rims, even if both are 17"

Yes I know that. But if they are made at the same vendor it could free up extra capacity for the Maverick steelies. There has to be a reason for removing the option from the 2024 Rangers. All rangers now come with Aluminum wheels for 2024.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dropped the Hybrid and Hitch to help it get scheduled in the next 2 1/2 months left for production. Too many orders with that combination and it leaves me with only the XL constraint.
You dropped the hybrid and hitch. That's a completely different vehicle. So if you change it to something you don't want it will increase your chance of getting it. If we change our order to a Tacoma or Santa Cruz I bet we get them quick. I'm really not criticizing you but in giving up on what you want you really could consider those.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe you have the mythical unicorn. There has to be at least one out there the makes it through the challenges and comes trotting over the rainbow to your dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe you have the mythical unicorn. There has to be at least one out there the makes it through the challenges and comes trotting over the rainbow to your dealer.
I have seen dozens posted here built just like mine. Just patiently waiting my turn.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The way I look at it, as long as Ford keeps building Mavericks then I have a shot. Maybe not as good as someone else because those damn allocations keep the playing field a bit uneven but a shot nonetheless. Gonna keep a positive attitude about it. Negativity eats at the soul. If it turns out I was wrong, then I was wrong. Been wrong before.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Pilot323

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5, 1951 MGTD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally after 8+ months, my Hybrid order previewed recently. What are the odds it will be built after being previewed? I am at Priority 10, and have no idea of my Medium size dealers allocations. A good sign or just a glimmer of hope?
Do you have a VIN ?

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes I know that. But if they are made at the same vendor it could free up extra capacity for the Maverick steelies. There has to be a reason for removing the option from the 2024 Rangers. All rangers now come with Aluminum wheels for 2024.
they also are automatically including the Sport package in the XLT.. and upgrade. interesting..

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greed is the reason. Higher trim levels, higher prices, fewer options is direction all the manufacturers are taking.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread has me confused. How can the order be "previewed" as a Priority 10? Based on reading this forum for the last 2 years, "preview" typically only happens as a result of an order converting to a Priority 2. Did this order go from Prioity 10, to 2, and back to 10 (which normally does not happen)? In the past, Ford would take a Priority 10-19 [a number set by the dealer] order, convert it to Priority 2 based on dealer allocation (i.e., if dealer had 5 allocation spots they may convert 8-9 orders to Priority 2), then preview all the Priority 2 orders from that dealer to dermine which they can make that month. The Priority 2s tended to stay as a Priority 2 and would be the first to be reviewed the following week until they eventually were filled (with some orders having specific constraints being in Priority 2 status for many months). Just curious if Ford has changed its process again or if the OP got wrong information?
Sponsored