First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Idk, my ordering process was a bit of a bear. The Salesman could not do the order and I could not do it online as that dealer would not display on the Ford site as there are others closer to me. Long and short did get it order via the sales manager 2 days later and did follow-up as you did.

Then started reading about situations like yours, but my was a good experience sort of kind of as they will not give me anything in writing. Did get a confirmation email but was told on this site there are two systems for the Maverick and what was needed was a screen print of the order from the ROVP system.

Lately see a lot of mentions of DORA so idk just felt good about getting a text message with my order from the ROVP system.

Go to a different dealer and since you wanted the XL there should not be much of a price increase and good luck.
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would expect that any MY22 Hybrid order that will not get built as a MY22 will get some sort of correspondence closer to July when MY23 order banks open.
The date for the 2023MY Hybrid order banks opening was changed by Ford to late August 2022 to allow them time to finish building any 2022MY hybrid orders that they already have.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The date for the 2023MY Hybrid order banks opening was changed by Ford to late August 2022 to allow them time to finish building any 2022MY hybrid orders that they already have.
Sorry could have worded that better. You should expect correspondence in July as it gets closer to when MY23 order banks open up.

I'm telling you - not ALL MY22 hybrid orders will be built as MY22 orders.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same concerns, so I called Ford directly (800-392-3673), while they could provide no details on the build (ordered 8/26), they at least confirmed the order was placed.
Let's hope the OP does the same thing.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry could have worded that better. You should expect correspondence in July as it gets closer to when MY23 order banks open up.

I'm telling you - not ALL MY22 hybrid orders will be built as MY22 orders.
And your source for this bold statement is????

Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford's recent history with the Bronco makes this statement likely.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The source is the fact that I've been doing this song and dance with Ford and my Bronco for more than a year now is the source.

It would be shortsighted of me to think that Ford has magically fixed all of their issues (they haven't) and the Maverick roll out will deliver every order as promised. We've seen a delay in the OKTB, we've seen stop sales, we've seen constraints, Ford cut off orders at least but they are not likely to fulfill all orders for MY22. I'm not saying 20% - but there will be a small percentage of Hybrid orders that get kicked to MY23.

Like I said there would be a price increase for MY23 and got laughed at for it - and then Ford didn't wait even 6 months before increasing pricing MID YEAR.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please change your title. Ford had nothing to do with it. Your dealer screwed you plain and simple.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I ordered a Maverick XL Hybrid with a towing package on 8/1/2021. We were pretty excited. We had bought new vehicles in the past, but had never ordered one. I had read about the protocol to order and after a few days, I contacted the salesman. I asked him about it. He assured me it was done correctly. After a couple of weeks, I stopped in again and asked if they had a confirmation number. The salesman said they had and referred me to his boss. The manager again assured me it had been ordered would keep In touch. I stopped in October and was informed by the manager he had good news. The truck was scheduled to be build the week of November 22. The first week in December, the salesman called and said our truck was in. Fantastic. We went to the dealership and waited while the truck was being cleaned. They brought it around and it wasn't our truck. It was an XLT with the Echo boost. They apologized. On January 4th I stopped in the dealership. The salesman was out, so I left a message inquiring if there had been any news. An hour later, the salesman called and said Ford cancelled the order without explanation. He said I could get a truck without the Hybrid option or order the Hybrid in when the 2023 season starts. I was extremely disappointed. I never did get a conformation or any correspondence directly from Ford.

I would have just taken the eco boost and resold it when you can get a hybrid. You have a chip shortage, emissions regulations you have to deal with, oh and Covid.

TMFord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I ordered a Maverick XL Hybrid with a towing package on 8/1/2021. We were pretty excited. We had bought new vehicles in the past, but had never ordered one. I had read about the protocol to order and after a few days, I contacted the salesman. I asked him about it. He assured me it was done correctly. After a couple of weeks, I stopped in again and asked if they had a confirmation number. The salesman said they had and referred me to his boss. The manager again assured me it had been ordered would keep In touch. I stopped in October and was informed by the manager he had good news. The truck was scheduled to be build the week of November 22. The first week in December, the salesman called and said our truck was in. Fantastic. We went to the dealership and waited while the truck was being cleaned. They brought it around and it wasn't our truck. It was an XLT with the Echo boost. They apologized. On January 4th I
stopped in the dealership. The salesman was out, so I left a message inquiring if there had been any news. An hour later, the salesman called and said Ford cancelled the order without explanation. He said I could get a truck without the Hybrid option or order the Hybrid in when the 2023 season starts. I was extremely disappointed. I never did get a conformation or any correspondence directly from Ford.
The only Mavericks that Ford cancelled were the Ecoboost FWD with the 4K tow package. When they decided not to build that version, dealers were notified. Your dealer has either botched your order or they're lying to you. Or both.

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife and I ordered a Maverick XL Hybrid with a towing package on 8/1/2021. We were pretty excited. We had bought new vehicles in the past, but had never ordered one. I had read about the protocol to order and after a few days, I contacted the salesman. I asked him about it. He assured me it was done correctly. After a couple of weeks, I stopped in again and asked if they had a confirmation number. The salesman said they had and referred me to his boss. The manager again assured me it had been ordered would keep In touch. I stopped in October and was informed by the manager he had good news. The truck was scheduled to be build the week of November 22. The first week in December, the salesman called and said our truck was in. Fantastic. We went to the dealership and waited while the truck was being cleaned. They brought it around and it wasn't our truck. It was an XLT with the Echo boost. They apologized. On January 4th I stopped in the dealership. The salesman was out, so I left a message inquiring if there had been any news. An hour later, the salesman called and said Ford cancelled the order without explanation. He said I could get a truck without the Hybrid option or order the Hybrid in when the 2023 season starts. I was extremely disappointed. I never did get a conformation or any correspondence directly from Ford.

Flat out lie. Dealer effed it up.

tmac1945

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Yours is not the first post with exact same problem. Go to your dealer and ask to see the correspondence, if they cannot or will not something is rotten.
Did you get a VIN, and if you did, can you trace it?

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The source is the fact that I've been doing this song and dance with Ford and my Bronco for more than a year now is the source.

It would be shortsighted of me to think that Ford has magically fixed all of their issues (they haven't) and the Maverick roll out will deliver every order as promised. We've seen a delay in the OKTB, we've seen stop sales, we've seen constraints, Ford cut off orders at least but they are not likely to fulfill all orders for MY22. I'm not saying 20% - but there will be a small percentage of Hybrid orders that get kicked to MY23.

Like I said there would be a price increase for MY23 and got laughed at for it - and then Ford didn't wait even 6 months before increasing pricing MID YEAR.
The price increase does not apply to existing orders - did not apply to just Maverick, Time will tell about how many get and don;t get built. I suspect they will shutdown all orders by 1 March,

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The price increase does not apply to existing orders - did not apply to just Maverick, Time will tell about how many get and don;t get built. I suspect they will shutdown all orders by 1 March,
Understood it does not apply to existing orders - I never said that. Just that steep price increases were coming for the Maverick in the future. Future ended up being the same model year. MY23 will see an even larger increase. And so on.

Ford isn't going to turn away willing orders for their Hybrid. They accepted all the orders that they believe will max out capacity. Sure there is some downtime/flexibility built in for delays or stoppages but by and large Ford filled out the orders to max capacity.

As we've seen with the Bronco and the launch of the Maverick - Ford cannot deliver on maximum capacity or production - so there is going to be a subset of Hybrid orders that don't get produced and get bumped to MY23.