Sponsored

Ok, who installed Weize H5 in their Hybrid? we need details!

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who installed the Weize H5 in their hybrid? The reviews section has a photo that sure looks like a Maverick Hybrid.

Does the plastic panels all fit back on? How's it working?

Ford Maverick Ok, who installed Weize H5 in their Hybrid? we need details! Screenshot_20231215-160544
Sponsored

Last edited:

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did it. Not the Weiz guy that this this. I did do something.

OP
OP
cyberdog

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So another model H5? Does it fit in the compartment without modification? - H5 appears to be the width, but roughly 1/2 inch taller, which I believe should fit, given my BT Battery Minder which is 1/2 thick is double side taped to the top of the factory battery. My concern is the 1-1.5 inch longer length, and whether it fits in the box. (I'd rather not cut up the plastic surround on a new truck).

Walmart also has an AGM with 4 year free replacement in size H5, along with a few others. That size gives a LOT greater reserve than the little H4/99R stock battery.

Last edited:

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want to say I know who your talking about as he commented specifically about that battery on a facebook post I made a while back. Its on my list to install too.

Sponsored

Blinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiesta ST, 1991 Toyota Dyna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stupid question but could you turn the battery 90 degrees and fit something truly huge? You'd probably have to make a new hold down but that's fairly minor.

I don't have a hybrid but it seems like this is something of a consistent problem for them so I just got thinking about it when I saw this post.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is no need to go with the h5 diehard makes a h4 hybrid battery that works perfec, they h5 will fit but the plastic needs to ne remove firsts for intall

OP
OP
cyberdog

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True enough, however the H5 has a larger reserve capacity, enough that I haven't seen mine state of charge drop below the 80% since installing, even after sitting for 7-8 days unused with the Ford Pass app connection active. Bonus is the Weize is low cost, but seems to be a rather hearty and well made battery.

The OEM battery is pretty pathetic, I fully charged mine after removal and let it sit in the shed taking readings every couple of days. Even with no load or draw it drops a surprising amount over a week, and at the end of the month it easily have been low enough to trigger deep sleep and halting the entry illumination at unlocking. - A battery should hold a charge much longer than that.

When/If I'm up at the dealership, maybe I'll bring it along and have them replace it, it should surely test as bad given how fast the voltage/State-of-Charge drops.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The H4 is not readily available. No H4 at Costco, Sam’s , or Wal-Mart. They all have the H5 and H6. The H6 is actually ~$10 cheaper than the H5 at my local Costco.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who installed the Weize H5 in their hybrid? The reviews section has a photo that sure looks like a Maverick Hybrid.

Does the plastic panels all fit back on? How's it working?

Screenshot_20231215-160544.png
I did, works like a charm 😁

Sponsored

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
link to battery?
I'm installing this H5 AGM from Wal-Mart after it finishes fully charging.

H5 AGM @ WalMart

To answer my own question about the panels, they all just pop off except the one at the bottom of the right rear door. I broke a tab on it. Hopefully no big deal, but if I have to, I'll break out the soldering iron. Anybody know how to disconnect this?

Ford Maverick Ok, who installed Weize H5 in their Hybrid? we need details! IMG_1610 - Copy.JPEG

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Walmart H5 AGM is in and the covers fit back on just fine. There's lots of conflicting info on AGM batteries, so please do your own research and don't just go by what I'm telling you. A few notes...
  1. If you want to top off the battery with a charger before installing, you should charge an AGM at a minimum of 10% of nominal amp hours of the battery. I was initially charging at 2 amps when it should be at least 6 amps for this battery. The meter was at 100% from the start, but my "fully charged" light would never turn green. After 3 hours, I bumped it to 12 amps (no 6 amp setting on my charger). The charger immediately reported the battery as fully charged.
  2. Pay attention to how you route the vent tube. There is a long screw that will rub if you route it over the screw. I routed it under.
  3. At least with this battery, you are going to need every bit of space at the back to fit the positive terminal in place straight.
  4. I fit all the panels back in place without repairing the broken tab. As long as I don't hear any odd noises, I think it is going to be OK.
  5. There were no alarms when I connected the positive terminal. I finally performed a battery
  6. reset and now I'm just letting it sit for a few hours.
Ford Maverick Ok, who installed Weize H5 in their Hybrid? we need details! agminstalled - Copy.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: