First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is set to arrive any day now at Valley ford in Columbus. Will be trading in my 22 xlt hybrid if anyone wants to snag it
Sponsored

Ohio44890

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 2003 Heritage Softail
Engine
Undecided
So thinking of ordering a My24. Just not sure which to get ….eco or hybrid….do mostly short drives

Front wheel drive been good in Ohio snow?
Any buddy deal with any dealerships in the Sandusky-Mansfield area?

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So thinking of ordering a My24. Just not sure which to get ….eco or hybrid….do mostly short drives

Just my opinion, but I would consider AWD based on these three lifestyle factors:
The need to tow over 2K and/or heavy frequent payload trips
Frequent mild off-road/hilly terrain travel or deep snow
Prioritized driving performance/plans to modify

Otherwise, the FWD hybrid is a better all-around economical choice.

HolyCow

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I purchased both my Maverick and Santa Cruz from Graham in Mansfield. Really good experience on both purchases.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My hybrid fwd has performed great in snow. The weight being on the front wheels give it a lot of traction and honestly the back wheels are so light in comparison that they aren't going to dig into the snow as badly as you're thinking.

Also, there is decent ground clearance. I drove it through 4 inches of fairly thick snow in a parking lot near work and had no problem and even very little slipping of the front wheels. I think the traction control works a lot better with the hybrid than any gas car I've driven. That electric motor is much more responsive.

But the rest of the year? You're going to love the mpg from the hybrid far more than the few days of bad snow where you need awd.

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with the hybrid, from an 18 escape. Did fine in the snow this winter. It’s my daily driver. Love it

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Norwalk, Ordered in Sept 2021, picked up in April 2023 from Valley Ford in Huron. Drove it to Florida. Have about 3000 miles on it. Getting average of 40 mpg. Neighbor saw it and went online to order one. Very disappointed that '24 order banks weren't opened. Wife says driving it is as as her comfortable as her Cadillac. No problems. I couldn't be more
Ford Maverick Ohio Roll Call IMG_1627
satisfied with the purchase

Ohio44890

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 2003 Heritage Softail
Engine
Undecided
I’m leaning Hybrid….I drive tops 5,000/yr
I just purchased a 15 Fusion with only 11,000. I will assume it will take a long time to get an ordered Hybrid which is ok for me

Franklin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Proud Owner of a Area 51 XL AWD
my dealer called me on Saturday and offered me an AWD XL that a customer had canceled. They sold it to me with no dealer markup. It has several options that my order did not include, but I am very happy with the purchase and my dealer. We drove it to Cedar Point that afternoon and it performed like a champ.
Ford Maverick Ohio Roll Call D97EA61D-2136-47A7-8F99-0A492FA5E615

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

my dealer called me on Saturday and offered me an AWD XL that a customer had canceled. They sold it to me with no dealer markup. It has several options that my order did not include, but I am very happy with the purchase and my dealer. We drove it to Cedar Point that afternoon and it performed like a champ.
D97EA61D-2136-47A7-8F99-0A492FA5E615.jpeg
You will not be disappointed!! Time for accessories!!

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Could be....but I'm more frequently between Logan & Lancaster on 33. Only been between Nelsonville & Athens a couple times since I've had the Mav (Dec '22)
wife just sent me a pic of two mavericks parked side by side outside of the LS store in Logan........one grey and the other Area51

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
wife just sent me a pic of two mavericks parked side by side outside of the LS store in Logan........one grey and the other Area51
There's an A51 that goes down my road (Harble-Griffith) frequently, might be the same one. Haven't seen the grey one yet. Saw a black one the other day in Logan as well.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I figured we were getting left behind here, so I thought I would do a roll call for those of us from Ohio.
I'm Dayton, I ordered a Lariat Ecoboost AWD
i am in norhteast ohio about 25mi west of Cleveland. after 3 short weeks of searching i was able to secure a Alto Blue 2023 Lariet Hybrid @ MSRP -my ' A ' plan discount. 1 month in and my only gripe is it doesnt have a sunroof; seat & memory buttons or co-pilot assist. other than that i've never had a better vehicle in over 50yrs of driving new & used cars/trucks. now all Ford has to do to increase profits is to make a Lincoln over the top luxury version with a more higher end interior(maybe independent rear suspension) and then set back and watch the profits roll in!!

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

D97EA61D-2136-47A7-8F99-0A492FA5E615.jpeg
Got mine 11 months ago also with no dealer markup. I would like to suggest when posting these successes we also list the dealers who provided those prices w/o markup. I got mine at Liberty Ford in Parma OH.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got mine 11 months ago also with no dealer markup. I would like to suggest when posting these successes we also list the dealers who provided those prices w/o markup. I got mine at Liberty Ford in Parma OH.
i totally agree that this forum should start calling out those dealers that are 'gaming' the system in order to reap exorbitant unearned profits. the same should be true for those dealers that treat their customers fairly. my great dealer that sold me my Maverick for the sticker price minus my 'A-plan discount was AutoNation Ford in Westlake, Ohio. they are good people over there.
Sponsored