OP
Scott440

Scott440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
NE Ohio where I get no respect from some dealers..
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 4 more calls to Ford CS no one ever gave me a firm answer, I finally talked to the Ford Vehicle protection rep 1888-594-0413 option 3. She said that if OHIO law caps the Doc fee at 250.00 and they are allowed to charge everyone with, which it does, 250 is what they can charge regardless of the Xplan Doc Fee of 100.00 with no reimbursement by Ford or dealer. Some dealers in Ohio may still give you the 100.00 doc fee but are not obliged to.
I am not a lawyer but I think a key word in the xplan doc fee wording is the word dealers "MAY" charge you the lesser amount but are not "required" to charge you the lesser amount which leaves them off the hook in my state.

I feel like I am getting close to spending 150.00 of my time on this...LOL! So I give up..
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 4 more calls to Ford CS no one ever gave me a firm answer, I finally talked to the Ford Vehicle protection rep 1888-594-0413 option 3. She said that if OHIO law caps the Doc fee at 250.00 and they are allowed to charge everyone with, which it does, 250 is what they can charge regardless of the Xplan Doc Fee of 100.00 with no reimbursement by Ford or dealer. Some dealers in Ohio may still give you the 100.00 doc fee but are not obliged to.
I am not a lawyer but I think a key word in the xplan doc fee wording is the word dealers "MAY" charge you the lesser amount but are not "required" to charge you the lesser amount which leaves them off the hook in my state.

I feel like I am getting close to spending 150.00 of my time on this...LOL! So I give up..
Again, what part of the quoted program rules are unclear to you?

If the dealer agrees to participate in the program, the dealer is required to comply with the rules.

The dealer is not permitted to charge the customer (you) more than a $100 doc fee.

If your state requires everyone to be charged the same amount that's higher than $100, the dealer must only charge you $100 and bill the rest to Ford.

If your state caps doc fees lower than $100, then your state law takes precedence, and the dealer is only permitted to charge that lower amount.

If the dealer charged you more than a $100 doc fee, they are in violation of X-Plan program rules.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is not familiar with the requirements of the program per those very rules.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!!