Ohio Roll Call

nkidwell08

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
So happy to hear you had a good experience with Ricart. I should be picking mine up there in another month and a half or so.
That’s exciting! You will love the truck! I worked with Jay and he made the whole process easy! Hope you get your truck on time!
Sponsored

nkidwell08

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
My rail car was in toledo earlier this week so I am hoping it got unloaded there as the rail car is now in louisville… but i have no idea how the logistics of rail even work
Yea I’m not sure either. I know the day before my truck got delivered it was showing for the dealership that it was in Michigan and suppose to be another few weeks before it got to the dealership. Then it just showed up with no warning the next day! I wasn’t mad about it lol.

Ohio44890

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 2003 Heritage Softail
Engine
Undecided
Sharpnack Ford in Willard says they have 4 of them…..but of course a $10,000 markup…..I hate dealers who do this

michaelmac8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Missed connection in Galion today. Saw a nice White XLT FX4 with tinted windows. Only the second one I've seen other than mine. Of course I wasn't in my truck at the time.

michaelmac8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Sharpnack Ford in Willard says they have 4 of them…..but of course a $10,000 markup…..I hate dealers who do this
Sharpnack used to be the best dealers around the area. I've heard they have gone to chit lately though

Sponsored

RustBeltRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE Premium
Would love to know what build quality issues you have already.
The tri-fold cover from day one caused a serious vibration in the cab at highway speed, as a result it's not on the truck and i am fighting with ford to get it replaced.. (been 3 weeks)
The eyeglass holder on the ceiling doesn't open right, it just simply doesn't fit right..
Every panel on the inside of it rattles
It has a bad detonation ping on the gas engine if you don't run super..
The Hybrid brakes have about an inch of dead spot between the actual brake and the hybrid system.
The power windows are already slower than my 2008 Mercury..
I have already blown a door speaker.. (Probably more my fault)
The XLT Lux package has the leather/Vinyl wrapped steering wheel, that's already separating and the wheel itself feels lose.

I have a solution though
Which is i ordered a Circuit edition Corolla GR..
Once that comes in, i am dumping this thing..

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I spotted a Maverick in Chillicothe this week. I wish I knew if the owner bought it locally at Nourse and how they were treated vs buying it out of town.

pedwards

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
I’m just west of Akron. Going with a xlt 2.0 awd lux package!

edit: ordered July 30th from Chapman Horsham

edit #2: build scheduled for the week of oct 4th
Any suggestiins
I spotted a Maverick in Chillicothe this week. I wish I knew if the owner bought it locally at Nourse and how they were treated vs buying it out of town.
Any suggestions for a honest dealer in or around the Akron area to order a 23 when the banks reopen. Been hearing a lot of horror stories about markups, not honoring pricing and ordering issues. I'm on several wait
lists and would love to buy locally. Have heard a lot of people buying their 22s out of state.

scottcav9176

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Taurus
Any suggestiins

Any suggestions for a honest dealer in or around the Akron area to order a 23 when the banks reopen. Been hearing a lot of horror stories about markups, not honoring pricing and ordering issues. I'm on several wait
lists and would love to buy locally. Have heard a lot of people buying their 22s out of state.
I would recommend Klaben Ford in Kent. I bought my XLT Hybrid from them last month, and it was the best dealership experience of my life. They honored X-plan pricing when the majority of dealers were marking up well over MSRP. The customer who ordered it decided not to take delivery, and I contacted the dealer at just the right time. Branden Johnson was my salesman, and he was great to deal with. No pressure to finance through them, and there were no unwanted add-ons.

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would recommend Klaben Ford in Kent. I bought my XLT Hybrid from them last month, and it was the best dealership experience of my life. They honored X-plan pricing when the majority of dealers were marking up well over MSRP. The customer who ordered it decided not to take delivery, and I contacted the dealer at just the right time. Branden Johnson was my salesman, and he was great to deal with. No pressure to finance through them, and there were no unwanted add-ons.
I was gonna suggest Klaben also simply because they’re ads claim no markup over msrp.
Also Sarchione ford said they would honor x plan but I ended up going elseware.

pedwards

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
Thanks for the tip! Klaben has been in the Akron area for many years but I've never dealt with them before. Sounds like a great place to start.

pedwards

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
I was gonna suggest Klaben also simply because they’re ads claim no markup over msrp.
Also Sarchione ford said they would honor x plan but I ended up going elseware.
Thank you for the confirmation with Klaben! I'll be 62 in June and everyone in my family, wife and kids, have all had new vehicles but me so now is the time, the Maverick is the choice and then I found out I can't get one. Bummer! I've tried everywhere to find the one I want, Velocity Blue XLT Hybrid, even out of state but no luck. Saw all the inflated prices and horror stories about dealers and it was disappointing to say the least.